Mackie

Coin Tweaks

Nope can't put it on the CD tray (besides the 3"CD recess) at all as I've mentioned before. I'll try it again just the 1 or 5 cent coin on the plug.

can ya'll post pics of the placement of the coins?

You can't be serious?! blink.gif

Reminds me of the time when a professional audio equipment reviewer "found out" that his equipments sounds better when it is allowed to thaw out in his refridgerator. The man went out to bought a new fridge to cool off his stuff before listening to them. Now that's dedication.... party.gif

No harm to try if it hardly cost you anything but getting a new fridge does seem a bit much.

getting a new fridge is definitely going too extreme lol.giflol.gif

getting a new fridge is definitely going too extreme lol.giflol.gif

You think that is extreme, wait till I get some depleted Uranium .....LOL

Well... any enterprising audioholic willing to test it out?? rolleyes.gif

Its all in the name of science.... The rest of us will just take 2 (maybe 10) steps back and see what happens. happy.gif

I can't remember where I read it... its a while ago. either in Stereo Review or Audio magazine. There was even a picture of the dude's fridge modified to fit his amp, CDP. No speakers though...

It sounded worse than snake oil to me...Haven't given it a try and I'am still in doubt as to whether would it work or not. However, its worth a try since is free. But why can such minusicle vibrations and resonance by the molecules in the coins make sonic differences that re actually noticeable? Even if the natural frequency of the coin was the same as the driving frequency from the vibrations of the headphones/ whatever equipment that you have, wouldn't it still be too small to be discerned? mellow.gif

Bah, I think I'll just give it a try and give u the results...Btw, Mackie, where do i place the coins on? The cups of the headphones?

Hmmmz, I don't think they work with the Grados....Seems that the "HF-1" button sort of dampens the effect? I hear no differences....Next on are the Sony SA5000's....

I don't apply coin tweak on my cans as they don't work; only on my speakers and hifi rack. Try it on your cd player and power cord as mentioned in my thread.

Lots of people are skeptics but like any tweaks, these make small changes in nuances of sound. So don't expect huge changes with any tweak.

I believe in the coin tweak which shares the same principles with lots of other reknowned tweaks like cones, spikes and tuning device such as Shun Mook discs etc.

Edited by Mackie

I remembered some crazy audiophile tweaks like wooden volume control knobs that cost nearly a grand as well as balls which look like marbles to me placed in some glass casing that sort of changed the air waves in the air so as to give the speaker sound a little tweak and other snake-oil like tweaks. Its really amazing.

Anyone else tried these?

i'm still looking around for 5cent and 10cent coins :DD