Rameish

DIY Amps A Word of Caution

HP power supply at basement SLT. Corner shop, near to the back exit. Name, don't know.

My Epson power supply is from Koba. 3rd floor peoples park. The one with lots of tour agency. Just a reminder, you have change the head from this one as it a non-standard type. Anyway Koba stocks alot of notebook supply with various DC voltage. I think the 18V, 19V and 24 V are all suitable for opamp base headamps.

Btw, pls check the adapter head if you guys getting any Notebook power supply. Anyway changing of the adapter head is easy job if you guys already know how to diy interconnect.

For what it's worth, mine is a Powa-Labs 1000mA with 'noise filter'.

What would you recommend Northern Oak?

I agreed with jtfoo regarding the use of the ac-dc adapters for laptop because these are usually of better build and reliablility. However, you could also try Kevin Gilmore's ultra-regulated power supply, if you're adventurous enough.

Thanks for all the info guys.

aw man..wish you guys were around when I was troubleshooting the amps.. dry.gif

anyway, thanks too, for all the good info here yes.gif

hehe just hope that antness Gilmore V2 i ordered won't have such problems. I definitely will be opening it up to check for the right voltage for the ps before powering it up. Once bitten (not me though), twice shy.

Check out head-fi's Mall Fi section. Antness has a pre order promotion for the new V2. ends yesterday though.

I paid through money order/bank draft. No credit card or paypal might be better.

Now that's another Headphone amp I'm really interested to have a listen to besides the Corda PreHead/HA-2.