neutralzz

:rolleyes: Arrh!! suffering from grados fatigue :S

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

tried many different sources.. seems that grados have an edge in uncannily biased representations of highs.. makes me pretty fatigued after listening for a period of time :S

is it just me or does anyone experienced the same things? i think my grados sr 80s might be up for sale soon.. had these grados for a few months.. seldom used them sad2.gif but burnt them in with 50hrs of play tho.. is it too little?

it took me about 100+ hours before my MS-1 shows its true personality. i have no other reaso to think that grados will be any different.

that said, all grados do have a strong forward presentation that can also be painfully bright to some ears.

you could try swapping the bowl pads to the flat or senn 414 or even the comfort pads that come with SR60.

what other phones have you tried?

sennheisers is the complete opposite of grados, with its warm and laid back presentation. maybe you should try to audtion them.

or maybe you should try tube amp? i'm told by a lot of people that the warm sound of tube is a great way to counteract the bright grados.

This is covered in the forum's FAQ Forum: http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2415

It describes hot to do the simple mod, where to get them from & even how to change the colour of the bright yellow earpads!

I currently use yellow pads as well, the through hole bowl ones were unbearable. You can either use components and/or cables with rolled off highs (ie synergy) or if with a pc, eq out the upper bits of 1-3khz. I've learned to live with mine blink.gif

I think the badges on the grados result in some of the brightness... also why alessandros dont have em. No, havent tried on my own yet... hehe... maybe when i upgrade and in turn end up with a spare...

Grados are known for their brightness and forwardness (relative to other cans, say Senns), which can be fatiguing for some. You might want to pair it with a warmer source/amp, or experiment with pads, though I don't think the latter can alter the overall presentation significantly.

Should you try the Senn HD414 earpad mod, instead of straight away cutting out the hole try replacing the earpads 1st & then listen to it.