Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

WITHDRAWN - Beyerdynamic Headphones

hi,

i might be interested in the DT-880, may i know when new stocks will arrive? does the dt-880 needs head amp?

thanks

Edited by dgps

dqps,

Unfortunately almost all headphones need a dedicated amp - even the easy to drive grados sound better with an amp (and I'm not talking about marginally better). The Sales Manager of Peak Fusion is going to Frankfurt to discuss pricing in view of the high Euro. But he's not too confident.

May I be so bold as to ask what are you listening to right now and with what CDP or DVD. If you headphones are good enough look elsewhere to find a solution first - maybe get a decent CDP then amp then headphones. What I'm saying is this: max out the headphone potential of the headphone you have first. You can do this by plugging it into a headphone amp and CD combo that's way above the headphones' league - then you can say hmm this headphone cant go very far or oh my god if only it sounded so nice in my set up...

Of course I'll still be happy to sell the DT880 to you ;-) Stock should arrive in a couple of weeks.