Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Does Koba sell most of the PPA parts?

Her E-caps getting more expensive these days.. Nowadays I'm buying to non-audiophile e-caps from SLT.

Yes! Was at Koba yesterday and realised that they are getting much more expensive than before!

Didnt realise that. Then, SLT which shop to get caps?

If you want audiophile caps, then no choice have to go to koba or any of diy audio shops like LArry or well audio..

If you're willing to settle for non-audiophile caps, plenty of shops in SLT.

Just went Koba today to look for polyproplyene caps. Now even Poly* caps are expensive. That uncle want $2 apiece for a 0.22uf wima... They really think audiophile diyers are carrot heads.. Now all wimas he's putting a premium on it even the lousy mks.. I'm settlling for the rifa-evox commonly found in SLT.

That uncle is fugged up. I always wait for auntie to charge. the uncle always find ways to cheat $$ one

Auntie nowadays no diff.. She just add sweeteners, like says she give special price, so secretly tell you don't let uncle know about it. In fact her price not much diff from uncle. She will also tell you all these are highly sought after audiophile caps, so her price is very cheap and tells you how someone has already make a huge order of it, like in 100s. Their other stuffs are rather standard price, it's the caps that really scary. I think some audiophile might have spoilt them into thinking how much we're willing to pay to get exotic caps... Well if it's not Mudorf, Rel, I'm not paying premium for any other brands, even the wima(according to koba, they are premium).

Wah, didn't know now Koba is also going "upmarket". Yeah, sometimes if you keep your eyes open you can find some amazing bargains at the shops scattered around sim lim tower. Managed to snag some very low priced Panasonic FCs and Elna RJH caps (limited values, but they they had exactly what I needed) at the beginning of the year. I think firefox went nuts and bought an enormous lot. Some shops order in much larger quantities hence the lower prices. Availability will depend on your luck and timing. tongue.gif

FYI

Koba currently have some stock of ALPS 27K series 50K stereo Log type potentialmeter.

Just perfect for PPA, PiMETA or most other amps.

The price I get was $15 each.

Yep... But they are fakes if ya see my another thread about.... Since you got it can u test out the pots. I to the real deal to compare with, they look so different

Edited by Kippei