Sign in to follow this  
eastofsg

Shure E2c - left and right?

My virgin post.... hope it is not too long winded...

Few days back, got both my new iPod Nano black and Shure E2c (understand mine belongs to the new batch with the flex sleeves included) & happily went home and to check out the music. biggrin.gif

Run through the instructions leaflet that comes with the E2c to check out which ear piece is for left and right since there is no indication except for the clear and clear/black colouring.

Saw on the leaflet that bi-color (clear/black) is for left ear while clear is for right ear. Wear it for a few days but felt that the music just doesn't sound right most of the time. huh.gif

Wondering if either the iPod or E2c is faulty. But, for troubleshooting sake, I swoop the left and right ear piece and the music seems to fall into place. Then went to Shure website and check out the left and right configuration. Surprised to see that it is opposite of what the leaflet that comes with the E2c says.

On leaflet:

Left ear - bicolor (clear/black)

Right ear - clear

On website:

Left ear - clear

Right ear - bicolor (clear/black)

For existing user of the E2c, how was it stated in the leaflet? Wonder if it is a misprint in the new batch of E2c. unsure.gif

*emailed Shure and awaiting their response...*

Edited by eastofsg

Well, just countercheck with a normal pair of speakers or headphones using your favourite CD. If it sounds weird, most probably it is in the wrong direction. Maybe the leaflet you have is of an older batch which hasn't run out when they introduced the new batch of e2c.

Just enjoy the music and don't let such minor contradictions disrupt it.

for me it was

Left ear - clear

Right ear - bicolor (clear/black)

as it would only fit in like this

just go the official reply from shure that a small quantity of their brochure that comes with the e2c has the misprint i mentioned.

so clear = left and bi-color = right is correct.