Kippei

Pending MO for Millet Hydrid boards

Well guys, after looking at the price of the board and the part list. i would suggest go for Sijosae hybrid amp. I've built one, nice and economical.

Well guys, after looking at the price of the board and the part list. i would suggest go for Sijosae hybrid amp. I've built one, nice and economical.

how much did you spent huangyong? any links to the amp?

well, looking at the parts, i guess the main cost goes to the buffers and the tubes. (caps also). the buf634s are out of stock on farnell so might need to get from overseas? or anyone knows of local sources. what about the tubes? so how kippei? or you want to check out the Sijosae amp?

And this is the first prototype i built to try out. this one spent less than $30 becasue tube is only 2nd hand Sovtek 6922, and all othjer parts are generic.

My Hybrid Amp

user posted image

Edited by huangyong

arghh..so many choices. what i need is a good amp for my ms1. using cmoy2 now. where to get the tubes in singapore? huangyong, any idea how the sound quality of the Sijosae hybrid amp compares with the millet?

kippei, so you getting the millet board soon?

Edited by kross

kross, I have never heard the millet before, but i can assure you that Sijosae Hyrid is a bang for bucks amp. It sounds excellent, warm and tubey, to me, it's good for my ATH- EM7 and SR80.

the tube used for YAHA and Sijosae Hybrid is ECC88/6922, cost only 10+

Edited by huangyong

kross, I have never heard the millet before, but i can assure you that Sijosae Hyrid is a bang for bucks amp. It sounds excellent, warm and tubey, to me, it's good for my ATH- EM7 and SR80.

the tube used for YAHA and Sijosae Hybrid is ECC88/6922, cost only 10+

hmm...sounds great. i think i will give it a try. so any suggestions where to get the tubes??

Tubes, just ask the pals in echoloft. I haven really ask though. But tubes are common in singapore, since they have so many DIY tubeys around.

1 place i know of can try is Burlington. Beside SLS

if i ask my contacts in china to produce Sijosae Hyrid PCB, would anyone of you interested? what i need now is volume. price is less than 20 (initial estimation) include shipping.

I think I'd dare to say me and a friend wanna try making one

errr but as for PCB, now I dont think it's that hard to wire ur own

right huang yong? laugh.gif