Kippei

Pending MO for Millet Hydrid boards

maybe it's a better idea to start with a simpler sijosae design?

that way you know what to do already for the millet design. wat do u think?

wink.gif Maybe but not for me. I started on PPA without anything, I got started on a cmoy2 and straight to ppa. Barely no electronic basic. I just want the challedge thats all and the fun during building and all those troubleshooting

haha

if u wanna more challenge then dun get a printed board laugh.gif

or even better modify a designed circuit

that's what DIY is all about rite wink.gif

not plug and solder only tongue.gif

maybe it's a better idea to start with a simpler sijosae design? 

that way you know what to do already for the millet design.  wat do u think?

the 6922/e88cc is a very good sounding tube.. may sound better than radio tubes i feel but it depends on preference as well..

Edited by neutralzz

well, to me point to point is good for prototyping, but when u want to make a very good amp to statisfy yourself (may be to beat the comercial beast out there), PCB is a must.

and if you like challenge doing those troubleshooting, man, i salute you. i just cant help to hate all those tiny little wires under the veroboard. may be i have had enough nightmare during school days. tongue.gif

well, to me pcb saves me all the trouble + less leakage and stray signals. but point to point saves costs but takes more worksmanship.

Huangyong, the headwise link uses a 2sk30a. however, i find in farnell can't seem to find it. did you use it? or got other alternatives?

Edited by kross

i found it in SLT

cool, then all the parts can be found in SLT? which shop did you find it in? Might be going down to SLT tomorrow to have a look, more free tomorrow.

Edited by kross

there's one shop at the corner, didn't notice the name even i went there many times. it's a shop where you have to selfservice.