Sign in to follow this  
Sonical

EMU0404 help needed....

well from the link you gave the y adapter cable is a mono cable, that might explain why you only get sound from the left channel only.

why do you need the splitter cable anyway? you should be able to plug your stereo headphone cable directly to one of the two output jacks available from the emu to get a stereo sound.

well from the link you gave the y adapter cable is a mono cable, that might explain why you only get sound from the left channel only.

why do you need the splitter cable anyway? you should be able to plug your stereo headphone cable directly to one of the two output jacks available from the emu to get a stereo sound.

i tired pluggin my 1/4" headphone plug into each of the four 1/4" female red and white female jack but still the same result...only left channel has sound. is that the wrong way?

apologies if i ask silly questions as ithis is the 1st time that i bot a soundcard

is the headphone you're using faulty? you can try plugging the headphone to other sources to check

you can also try using different headphone or speaker for your emu

if the problem's still there try checking the connection, probably the d-pad is not pushed all the way to the socket on the emu card

well that's what i can think you can try for the hardware side, if it's still there you should look at the software

check the driver and the output balance at the volume control panel

emu0404 has two mono outputs , so you need a dual 1/4" mono to stereo. two of the analog of the 1/4" sockets are inputs and two of them are outputs. iirc they're labeled on the sockets themselves. if you can't get a dual 1/4" mono to stereo, i think the other solution is to get 2 x 1/4" to RCA, and use together with RCA to 1/4" jack

i don't think it'll work like that sonical, the cable you've got is a wrong one.

you could follow siriuz's suggestions and buy two 1/4" mono to RCA and RCA to stereo.

here's just examples of the adapters:

1/4" mono to RCA

Dual RCA to 1/4" stereo

however you shouldn't connect this directly to headphone, a headphone amp is required.

here's the link to emu0404 manual:

emu0404 manual (pdf)

refer to page 7

hope this help

Edited by 1bit

ok thanks man!

think i' m going to sim lim to ask ard if they can make thse custom cable outbreaks as shown on headphile.com and fidaudio.com to solve the prob once and for all

party.gif

HI, I am new to this forum...

---

For your problem, I think you are using the wrong Y-adapter:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

This one is mono-to-mono adapter.

Actually, you need one dual mono to stereo adapter.

Ref:

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=13342

But, notes: this one is 1/8" jack for stereo output...

Hope help you...