soulmad

**Power Buy** Tube amp from china

Some Malaysian enthusiasts are arranging a group buy for the LDIII over at head-fi.

I corresponded with the organiser, who quoted the rough price of 650 ringgit for a piece, which works out at about 300sgd. This tentative price includes shipping, and could be lowered further if someone in sg organises sg purchases from our end.

My meagre NS allowance is insufficient mad.gif , but I've been asked to advertise the group buy on this forum as a favour. Apart from that, I'm not associated to this group buy.

Anyone interested, please PM Tachikoma at head-fi.org.

I suggest you wait for some feedback on the amp before taking the plunge now. Surviving on meagre NS allowance is tough and at the price of $300, there are already a few MIC head amps that have been owned, tested, favoured and most importantly of all, available for you to audition here.

I suggest you wait for some feedback on the amp before taking the plunge now. Surviving on meagre NS allowance is tough and at the price of $300, there are already a few MIC head amps that have been owned, tested, favoured and most importantly of all, available for you to audition here.

Agreed. Will wait for your reviews Tachikoma... whistling.gif

Edited by hansel_ng

The only person who can give a review is in head-fi, I think :/ Well you could look at it this way... if it turns out to be gold you're going to have to pay a much higher price to get it next time laugh.gif

Edited by Tachikoma

I guess it's a risk hansel has to take but I understand how hard it is to survive on SAF pay (daily canteen break is out of the question.....then). Nonetheless, the LD3 sure looks good! Any working adult would make a plunge for it. The other issue at hand is the tubes used. I couldn't find any equivalent for them and as such, tube rolling may be difficult albeit it might not be necessary if it sounds good as it is. Just food for thought guys, I'm not out to dampen anyone's enthusiasm.

Wow, those 1K2/1B2/4P1S are even rarer than the 6N1/6N3/6N11 used in the XiangSheng headamp!

Regards

CK

Wow, those 1K2/1B2/4P1S are even rarer than the 6N1/6N3/6N11 used in the XiangSheng headamp!

Regards

CK

6N11 can be rolled with 6922/ECC88/6DJ8/ecc188 <-- i rolled a lot of this

6N3 should be 5670 similars

6N1 should probably be ecc85 or 6AQ8

going off memory correct me if i m wrong laugh.gif

finally...

after months of frustrating delays, my LD3 arrived in my HK office monday.

got here (jkt) yesterday.

it's burning in.

since it's my first head amp, i really have nothing to compare it to. sorry..

before this i've been using my old denon integrated amplifier.

Edited by shochu

i'll be away for holiday until the 3rd. i'll try to post some impressions when i come back.

anyway, i wanted to post some pics of the amp. but the size is limited to 25kb? how can i post a regular 100+kb pic?

i'll be away for holiday until the 3rd. i'll try to post some impressions when i come back.

anyway, i wanted to post some pics of the amp. but the size is limited to 25kb? how can i post a regular 100+kb pic?

Try using imageshack.us. The files are capped at 1MB each and no restriction on the amount of pictures/storage. laugh.gif

Edited by acidboy84