Sign in to follow this  
matbon0013

Portable CD Player

I gave it to my best friend. I will check with him if he still has it. Btw, I found out during the meet that the popular D777 is my old pcdp that is being kept in the storeroom. I will post an image later as the condition is very mint. No wonder I felt so disappointed in my recent search for a replacement as none in the current Sony range can touch it in terms of sound quality. I finally settled on a Panasonic SL-CT790 (first time since I'm a Sony user for more than a decade now).

You won't like the sound Mackie, just pass it over to me & I'll dispose it off for you! wink.gif

Nice try Naz, my ears don't lie. ohmy.gif As yet, listening to the Panasonic on the move is still a compromise over the sound quality of my old D777. Btw, here are the images.

post-2-1056276366.jpg

Edited by Mackie

Hmm... rolleyes.gif Let me see!

I got mine in a package of two Discmans for around US$120! From a nice lady on eBay.

I would say starts at US$70-80 is fair price range I wouldn't pay more than US$120 for it for sure.

That's just less than half the original price. I remembered paying S$450 for this bugger years ago. The old lady still sings the blues!

Edited by Mackie

which is the best pcdp?

purely on sound quality

... out of the headphone out.

yeap headphone out.. not the line out. Not concerned abt line out since will be using koss biggrin.gif

i have a seriously ancient sony d-223. it works very very very well still though the battery compartment alos got problem so i run it out of alc. it was passed on to me by my dad.

then 3 years ago i got a d-f525. it still serves me well but the remote is spoilt liao.

then 1 half months ago i got a iriver slimx-400. now my current pcdp.

Edited by adhoc

Guy, In my wanted list-

Sony Discman D-515

Sony Discman D-9 (US)/D-90 (Asia & Europe)

Panasonic SL-CT570

In no order of preferrences, reviewed as close to analouge sound.

oh, btw my d-223 has golden words on the cover proclaiming '1-bit dac'. anyone able to comment on this?