Fizban

pa2v2 amp

Just got it yesterday. Paid slightly than S$100.

Haven really test it yet so cannot comment much.

Used it for a few days. It gave only volume gain to HF-1 and HD600.

Strange. Perhaps give it some burn-in time. Past reviews have been quite favourable.

Hey dude,

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=3192-this review from the forum may be useful.

Personally, i have been using the amp for a few months now. I got it used from the MAC forum. IMO, it does improve the sound from the line-out of my discman. U should give it a try as only your ears will be able to tell the difference in sound-YMMV. The improvement in sound is more from the line-out than from the headphone-out.

There are a few issues that i observe with the amp:

-Channel imbalance when listening at low volumes(cranky volume pot?)

-MUST use rechargeables else the sound will be fuzzy.

Used it for a few days. It gave only volume gain to HF-1 and HD600.

Me too. Tried hard to listen for any improvements but can't hear any. Sigh... mellow.gif

Mine is as stated in my signature. Sigh... Seems it's an expensive volume knob now. no.gif

Try it a source with a line out. I used mine with a discman and it improves every earphone and headphone i've got. Even the cheap portable in-ears have slight improvement.

Yes, that's the point of my question. Best results can be reaped by using the amp with the line-out of your source. I'm not too familiar with your sources, but I presume you are using the dedicated line-outs?

I presume you are using the dedicated line-outs?

Yup I did. I used my old discman D-EJ925 which has a shared line out and optical out. Not so much of an improvment other than the abilty to control the volume. no.gif

Yup I did. I used my old discman D-EJ925 which has a shared line out and optical out. Not so much of an improvment other than the abilty to control the volume. no.gif

If you're expecting big changes then its not gonna happen. You should look out for bass, mids, treble, clarity, impact/speed etc. Often, the bass will tighten up, mids smoother/clarity and maybe more treble extension.

PA2V2 with MS1 can churn out lots of bass, for HD485, more impact/speed. A dedicated line-out will have the best improvement while the headphone/shared out will have less improvement.

For me, i listen for the clarity of the hi-hats/cymbals at the pheripheral of the soundstage. I compared the results through the headphones-out and the line-out to the amp+headphone. The result from the line-out is a clearer and very distinct sound of the instrument.

The width of the soundstage is another part i listen out for.

Vocals especially sounded clearer and sometimes, it is very precise how the singer phrase the song.

My gear is Sony EJ955 line-out-stock cable-PA2V2

This is all my personal opinion-YMMV.

Just curious, what setup (esp. source) are you guys using?

5G iPod -> alac -> pocketdock line out -> pa2v2 -> HF-1/HD600

Couldn't hear the difference at all if compared to iPod headphone out sleep.gif

Maybe there is very minor improvement, but since it's not noticeable on my setup, don't think it is worth $100 for that tiny little step up.