Blues

Beyerdynamic DT880 impression!!

Just got my DT880 from Mackie yesterday. It had about 70 hrs of burn in and it should reach the 100th hour mark by tomorrow morning. So far, I like what I have heard from the DT880. It is indeed a good replacement for the HD600 with stock cable. The bass response of the DT880 is much better than the HD600 with stock cable. The bass of the DT880 is a tad flabby. However the cans are still very new, will give it a couple of days more. I am pretty sure it will tighten up as time goes along. For the treble and the mid range it is more or less the same as the HD600. Will post another review after the 100th hour.

hm if I can remember correctly hd600 has got more bass slam than 880. I like 880's bass too.. just that I like to draw myself closer to that 'dark side' again(dt770) lol.gif

I quite agree with Guy the 880 sounded leaner but extension is good.

Edited by N@Z

Ahhh... all will be revealed soon. Don't wanna give too much away! Should be posting my PCDP impression after this. Please be gentle with your criticism!

PCDP impression! I'm quite clueless in that area LOL. The only portables I ever had were an old Technics, a Sony 456 or something, the Pana SLCT470 and the SLCT570. And of course the good old blue walkman which was called soundsurround or something back in 1980. Oh an an AIWA and a Unicef brand (I kid you not). I had a Unicef walkman that looked exactly like the original Sony Blue walkman with a slider for volume control for each channel.

No, never had the pleasure. I think Rameish still owned more PCDPs than I did.