Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

When is the next meet?

yes.gif But it would help if we had a proper venue? Anybody for the legwork involved in finding such a place?

Woo if there is a next meet, I hope I am not going to miss it.

There will always be a meet if there is an organiser. happy.gif Someone's gotta do the dirtywork.

You sound like the perfect man for the job! biggrin.gifbiggrin.giflol.gif

I actually organised a "Mini-Meet" last year ard march I think. It was rather a great experience meeting everyone but not an easy task though.

I can help you guys get a discounted air ticket here then. Shall we say, meet in Akihabara? No need to bring gears. All there and all you can listen. lol laugh.gif

No problem! haha.

But seriously, lets have a meet lets say....before chinese new year? How about that? We need a venue... And talking bout venue, I've no idea where we could hold the meet. Is it ok if we trouble Mackie and get him to allow AA to host it for us? happy.gif

I seriously don't think AA will do another one so soon. Anyway, what we did was we all went down to Bishan Community Centre. There you can book a classroom with aircon and power outlets for your gear. Chairs, tables and even whiteboard included for your tutorials. heh. I think it's S$15 per hour.

But we all ended up in delifrance sipping weird coffee and passing wires around the table. lol.

I can help you guys get a discounted air ticket here then. Shall we say, meet in Akihabara? No need to bring gears. All there and all you can listen. lol laugh.gif

Sounds like a great idea. I have been dying to go to Akihabara. Cheap air tickets would really come in handy. laugh.gif

If the meet is organised after Chinese New Year I should be able to make it this time round.

No point having so many meets so close together if everyone is not willing to lug his cd player/gigantic home amp down for people to play. cool.gif

No point having so many meets so close together if everyone is not willing to lug his cd player/gigantic home amp down for people to play. cool.gif

Well said!! party.gifparty.gif

It'll be helpful to meet someplace central so that it is easy for everyone. Some do not have their own transport and it is difficult to lug heavy items around.

I know that the library at Esplanade provides rental of rooms for meeting. Not sure if they have enough powerpoints though, and the room is not that big (approx. twice the size of a 4rm HDB hall).