Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Tubes amp

SOHA is also hybrid tube and solid state headphone amp

so which hybrid r u talking about? the one by sijosae? using 6922?

EDIT: i'm trying to help you troubleshoot as you've mentioned after u took it off breadboard and solder up everything it doesnt work anymore

Edited by squalle

Regrading the DaBlock..

What this line means

Note that the outer sleeves of the caps are at mains potential so if possible, try to shield them away from other components, chassis as well. If possible, use some shielding tape to properly insulate them

SOHA is also hybrid tube and solid state headphone amp

so which hybrid r u talking about? the one by sijosae? using 6922?

EDIT: i'm trying to help you troubleshoot as you've mentioned after u took it off breadboard and solder up everything it doesnt work anymore

sure no problem. please provide whatever suggestions you have. i am doing the sijosae hybrid amp. using eh 6922. now after successfully testing it out on the breadboard, i atempted to solder it onto a stipboard by p2p. however, after a few hours of tedious solder, apparent all came to naut... wink.gif . well, i guess the fatigue made me misorientate the transistors such that they shorted or wat, i am not sure.

so i desoldered everthing and try to put them back onto the breadboard, thinking that my p2p sucks. but still no sound. so now i guess that i might have shorted some of the transistors, just dunno which one. the 6922 i think should be still alive cos i feed ~6V into it the filament still can glow. anyway, i have bought a new set of transistors and parts as well as drew a pcb. if can get the pcb done i might save myself some trouble. if not i might need to p2p again.. wacko.gif

any suggestions on what the problem is? and any idea how to check whether the transistors are alive? (the 6922 also)

oh, you can still order but gotta wait or something?

coz there was a time, when I need to order things that are related to my work, then they called me back saying that they're OOS,and wont bring in anymore. so yeah, I'm worried abt that

and true, a lot of things searched and came out OOS.

glad to hear that the tubes don't spoil easily. biggrin.gif

as for casing, i am using wooden casing once i complete the amp. looks not bad. $2 each, that is if you guys don't mind the wooden look.