Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Tubes amp

I like single pads better as it will be more flexible in making the layout as you like it

the 2 strips I have are only at the two sides, then I utilized one of them as my ground

so you can start already ?

or wanna come here and do? I need to make another one for a friend smile.gif

I just notice that the strip trace can be cut out for more flexibility and neater

the places sells a lot of things, big place. take your time to shop for other diy things if you have a time. might have a good kill there. (your wallet too... tongue.gif )

ya, there are many wooden boxes there, at least so when i last went there. all at a corner. ya, the wood is thick, for needed strength i think. i have tot of a way to make the wood thinner...dunno can work or not. tat is to drill 3mm hole through..then use about 6mm - 8mm drill bit to drill halfway. might create a concave that might let the headphones plug go inner a bit, hopefully. will try tmr.

my current box is about 2.5inch by about 4 inch i think

Edited by kross

Why dont you try the reverse drilling ... with the jack flush with the surface so no ugly holes.

hmm...good suggestion. will find some scrap wood to try both tomorrow.

kross: u forget 1 thing

the bigger diameter drill, you cant make it flat ended (counterbore we call it)

if u use the drill bit that is to make hole

but the milling bit is flat, so that's why I asked for milling machine tongue.gif

kippei: I dont like the board with strips

if you're not careful when u assemble everything then forget to cut some strips, you might kill some parts

and cutting the stupid strip aint fun either

then for PCB, maybe later on I draw up something. see if I can do that tongue.gif

never draw up a PCB before laugh.gif

Cant wait to see pcb...

As for the tube mount on the boxtop. You can also try flushing it at the socket top.

**If I am not wrong the serperated pcb is to keep the power unit and the sound unit apart

***You got all the material to etch boards??? If not Bell from SLT got sell a lot of this stuff. Nice place.

Edited by Kippei

happy.gif no idea... but the stuff should cost less den $30 cept the laser printer with the ferric recycleale.

it look quite simple from here... Maybe the next payday embark on a trip to PCB building.

I also bought the parts for dablok just now. The diode for 1kv look so strange...

** Its a fast recovery diode... what it means??

Edited by Kippei

Now i am trying to use this program call VCAD and Tinycad to auto layout the stripboard

**Failure... i couldnt draw the darm thing into the cad

Edited by Kippei

** Its a fast recovery diode... what it means??

iirc it means that the diode can recover quickly from blocking (due to reverse bias) to conducting

so the transition time between blocking/conducting when the bias is changed is shorter

hey guys, a bit lazy here. since you've been discussing about the tube amp quite long already, i might as well ask: actually what's so different with the 3 hybrid amp design between SOHA, YAHA, and MHHA?

i'm getting the sijosae's MHHA kit from neutralzz next week so i'll try building MHHA first

anybody built the multi-hybrid amp already?

i know kippei and squalle is building the SOHA, how about kross and huangyong?