Sign in to follow this  
Fizban

Pa2v2 Arrived...disappointed?

Hey guys...

I received my pa2v2 amp...but plugged into my 5g video ipod via sendstation's pocketdock to obtain line-out, i don't seem to perceive an improvement form teh headphone out.

My music are 320kbps AAC, headphones are Senn PX100, Ath-EC7 and Shure E5c.

Helppppppp..........are my ears truly so lousy as to not perceive anything...

Don't panic. Don't try too hard. Live with it for sometime. Sometime later change back and maybe you will hear difference. Improvement or not, there will be differences. Often when you try too hard you end up hearing less. Speaking from experience. So relax and enjoy the music. Don't be so hard up. If eventually you still can't hear any difference, so be it! You're the man! Many would have wished to be in your shoes! Appreciate the music not the equipment! Rock on. party.gif

Appreciate the music not the equipment! Rock on. party.gif

that's a great way to put it... headphone.gif

Helppppppp..........are my ears truly so lousy as to not perceive anything...

Thats what I thought when I first received my PA2V2. Now after burning in the amp and listening to it more often I can actually hear the difference. The bass is tighter and the mids have more detail.

It honestly did nothing for my E5c but the superduper moment came when I paired it with the Beyer DT250 and ER4p. It's probably not the right combo for your setup.

I have not own one of this, but really interested to know if the PA2V2 show great different only for high impedence cans such as Senns HD600 (300ohms) or Beyer DT250/880/990 (250ohms)?

How does this battery powered PA2V2 compare to those home use headphone amp (AC powered)?

Anyone can advise?

Thread moved to appropriate forum sigh.

Why do I need to keep doing this? It's a portable amp being used with an iPod so which forum do ya think it should be in?

AhDu: It's an unfair comparison between a portable and desk top amp. Purpose, economics and electornics are so entirely different. Focus in this order and you shall be enlightened. In fact, I reckon any user should eventually end up with both types of amp for indoor and outdoor usage. A more reasonable question would be if the PA2V2 yields the same sonic benefit with cans of low and high impedance. In my opinion, easily discernible with the latter and slightly less telling with the former. However, one thing is sure, I don't engage any equalisation when pairing my ear buds, clip-on and full size cans with PA2V2. I prefer accentuation over any kinda of boost in any particular audio spectrum. Appreciate the fomer trait with time although the latter is more obvious on initial hearing.