Sign in to follow this  
pandableh

Sony Eggo D66

Hello,

Does anyone know of any store which still stocks Sony D66? And if there are none, what headphones would you guys recommend which are similar to them?

Thanks

Pandableh,

Just curious. Why are you going for the Eggo D66? Have you tried it? I have one (totally burnt in since it's a 2nd hand and is used extensively for over 2 years already) and i would say that this pair of cans might not be everyone's cup of tea and it's IMHO not a very versatile set. smile.gif Just thought i add some comments to help you with your decision and BTW i don't think anyone has the D66 in the retail locally at the moment.

Hi,

Nope, I haven't tried them. I have read lots of positive reviews about these phones at the Head-fi forum and the sound sounds like what I would like(eg. smooth not recessed mids). Currently I only have a pair of Sony MDR-V2, if these are anything like the MDR-V6 then i think i would like something with a more foward midrange. A more foward midrange brings out the vocals and guitars, is that right? I listen mostly to Jpop/Jrock and chinese music.

Grados look like they would also be right for me but I'm about the sound leakage.

Edited by pandableh

Since you're talking about isolation i suppose that you're going to use it as a portable, right? My experience with the D66 as a portable can has not been the greatest. Although it does not leak much but the isolation is terrible as a closed can. You can still hear the tight bass and details indoors but once you're outside, or even worse if you're on a bus, all these will be drowned out by all the ambient noise. That's why it's my office set now. smile.gif