Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

First Sgheadphone meet impression

Hi pipee, thanks for today. You are a great host !! happy.gif

W1000 , corda ha-1 and the rotel cdp. IMO, this combination is not the greatest. Midrange sounds a little weird to me(vocals). The w1000 is not a bad can. Nice and quite transparent.Love the wooden and expensive look.

post-2-1056215616.jpg

N Oak's cd17mkii .

Fantastic sounding cdp. My first impression was very positive. The sound is very 3d like, warm and transparent. hehe.. you can also see the cone tweak biggrin.gif

post-2-1056215771.jpg

Alrite.. this pic is screwed.. took it from the wrong angle.

Anyway, this is mackie's MF A3 cd. The most impressive source in the meet. I think he also uses tara labs IC or something then out to his xcan V1. Very very nice sound..

I was shocked to hear my m2m(i know this sounds like trash to you audiophile hammer.gif ) sings like never before. I mean.. how good can a pop recording be?? I was expecting it to be sligthly better than my normal cd6000ose only. But the difference is definately a night and day kind of thing. If you've heard my impression of oak's cd17.. it has the same 3d quality but everything seems clearer and you are like listening to the real person(almost) instead of the recording.Top to bottom extended. Bass has got more punch than any cdp I've heard. vocals really sweet and without a hint of graininess/harsh.

Very nice indeed! I think mackie's mf + barraudio's microzotl and ablaze's cd3000 can make combo in heaven. More into the zotl and cd3000 later wink.gif

post-2-1056216086.jpg

marantz cd63mkii and the obh-11se ( I don't know whose since there are 2 laugh.gif )

anyway didn't try this system so I have nothing to comment tongue.gif

edited: cd4000 to cd63mkii , sorry abt that. Thks sipher for correcting me happy.gif

post-2-1056216181.jpg

Edited by Guyferd

marantz cd4000 and the obh-11se ( I don't know whose since there are 2 laugh.gif )

anyway didn't try this system so I have nothing to comment tongue.gif

ermm.. Guy that's not the CD4000.

it's a CD63KI

3 cans roundup(L-R) : Sennheiser HD600 , Sony cd3000 , Sony cd1700

in the background , 2 amps (l-r) : evil-zen's gilmore v2 and corda ha-1

post-2-1056216324.jpg

Wow! Great pics man......

Shame no mug shots tongue.gif

Count me in on the next meet headphone.gif

Yeah good looking at youzz guyzzz pale feets/legs...very nice! Like the hardwares...... ohmy.gif

Sony cd3000 and berning zotl

In my opinion, this is the greatest match of the meet. I was just idling waiting to pack my back when I saw the cd3000 lying next to the zotl. So I decided to don the sony and slot in some of my favourite tracks. And yeah..

the sound is very smooth.. top to bottom. clear, extended, very well-defined. the top end harshness that was heard with ha-1 previously was totally gone, replaced with smooth, extended and sweet highs!!

I kept paying attention, trying to find the holes in this setup. Alas... I couldn't sleep.gif

It doesn't seem to have any weakness at all. Precise imaging, great soundstage, everything which cd3000 does well is enhanced by this great amp.

Every headphones +amps that I've tried seem to have some weakness in a way or another but with this.. the music is continuously flowing, smooth and very very enjoyable. It's like having a joe satriani or eric clapton playing live.. you can't find any fault at all even at the hardest part.

Now now.. if someone is willing to connect it to oak's cd17mkii or mackie's mfa3cd .. hehe... I bet they'll be in heaven

All are purely imo of course, so your opinion may differ from mine. Actually what first got me started is the hype of cd3k synergy and berning zotl(in head-fi). I heard the cd3k's best combo is with zotl. It really proves itself worthy happy.gif

post-2-1056216860.jpg

Corda ha-2 to rotel cdp.

great sound!!

post-2-1056216984.jpg

that's all.. didn't want to upload firefox stripping 2 babes.. lol.gif

it came out a lil blur and didn't really take many of em wink.gif

i hope the 'babes' are amps right?

otherwise the pap sure block this site liao. lol.gif

lol!! of course !! lol.giflol.gif

anyway adhoc, you missed the fun!! yeah.gif

-sigh-

i know.. but had other commitments organised earlier already.. so what to do..

haha i will confirm be going to the 3rd meet though.

hopefully by then i will have a proper cdp and amp to match my dt880s.. so envious of you.. dry.gif

lol.gif