Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Bodo Khan DD-100 Walkman

Mat, just wanted to show you & the guys here how much you old walkman is fetching nowadays. Comes complete with the matching headphones & packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=15053

how much was it worth during its time, anyone? Naz?

hm.. makes me wonder why its worth so much... does tape sound that good? erm.. compared to cdp ? biggrin.gif

unless that person is buying just for the sake of collecting it rolleyes.gif

Yeah I had one and threw it away sleep.gif

Thanks for reminding my N@z!

Great memories of that too! *|{ic|{ing myself in the butt NOW*

Feckin ell! Just had a memory flashback, I bought mine when I was still in Form5. Brought it to england and had a some portable sony speakers wif it too, bloomin eck! It blew in me face as soon as I hook up Van Halen on the SoB's.

Now I wanna know where i threw the bloomin' SOB. Me mum must ave stashed it somewhere innit?! unsure.gif

I remembered buying it and had to have the big MF phones so I had a gold ear bass tolerable thingy buds to go wifit too! Now I'm a right plonker........N@z you're a right mate, I tell ya!

What a thing to wake up to! yawn.gif

Scuzzee me posteee! Take a da deep breath me kind modsa!

Some I tal Ian sipirit kinda got over this mat bon nutter!

scuzzeee!

are you.. ok, matbon?

you sound like a guy ritchie-jar jar binks hybrid suddenly?

and i have an ancient yamaha cassette deck arnd the house somewhere, think it'll fetch a good price? yeah.gif

Edited by adhoc

fine lah, just was a little.. worried for you. like you suddenly came from jamaica like that. lol.gif

No need to hit the drinks bcos of that! At least you didn't bid on something & got sniped at the last minute by so overzealous Head-Fi collector.

Guy it's more of a collector's item because of it's pristine condition. It is supposed to have fairly good quality sound for a portable. There is another one (Sony Walkman) but I didn't save the link. Hif-Fi magazines raved about it having sound quality comparable with full sized decks. No not the Sony Walkman Pro, there was another one before that. About the size of half of a VHS video tape. I'll post the link if I come across it again. Last bid for it was over Sterling 40.00 & still going.

better than full-sized deck ohmy.gif

scaryly good yes.gif

Not better than the best, but as good as the entry level ones. (Not referring to the Bodo Khan)

I remember the model of that Sony Walkman now, it's the DC-2 (No link, I think the auction has ended so no longer listed).

It looks totally different to the Sony Walkman Pro D6C which I used to own, similar to this auction. It makes very good recordings especially on the TDK SA(-X) & exceptional recordings on TDK MA-XG. I'd categorise it as transportable as the unit is fairly chunky compared to MD recorders! The reason I got rid of it was my particular unit had an insatiable appetite for chewing up my expensive tape collection (problem with the rubber pinch roller). So enough is enough & I traded it in for a Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2 (CD-2). Which performed flawlessly even now.