Sign in to follow this  
vadimur

<$100 ear/head phones with good bass.

I heard the AKG K26P in comparision with the PX-100 and 200 at Stereo and I don't think the Sennheiser can come close to the AKGs when it comes to BASS, maybe other depts but not bass. I've yet to hear the PortaPro but the looks.....errr..... subjective. laugh.gif

Aiyoh, retro is cool okay! laugh.gif

Saw someone with a Grado SR80 (I think, the SR?? badge was taken off) on the MRT the other day as I was walking down the carriage to get off at Yio Chu Kang. I thought it looked cool and I bet he was enjoying the music as well smile.gif

Retro-respect man! party.gifheadphone.gif

hmm i would recommend Creative ep630 smile.gif

can be bought at Creative Warehouse and Creative Sales @ marina square

$69.90

I own a Grado SR60 for about six months and i think they are great for bass. It lacks the smooth silky sweet mids and high of the higher ends models but at $120, its rather hard to beat.

Thats why i'm having a hard time hunting for earphone (for portable reasons) that sounds similiar to the SR60s. wacko.gif

If using at home, I recommend the Grado line. For an open headphone, bass can rival most closed ones. Tried the K26p. The bass was nice, but the details were lacking...much roll-off(I'm not sure if that's the sound I describe it to be), on the high and mids, great isolation though. If you don't need isolation, Grados, definitely.

Aiyoh, retro is cool okay! laugh.gif

Saw someone with a Grado SR80 (I think, the SR?? badge was taken off) on the MRT the other day as I was walking down the carriage to get off at Yio Chu Kang. I thought it looked cool and I bet he was enjoying the music as well smile.gif

Retro-respect man! party.gifheadphone.gif

Hmm...is it actually possible to listen to Grados on a train...or any public place for that matter? The slightest ambient sound can be heard..there's ~zero isolation..

Unless you turn up the volume to drum-bursting levels..but that's unhealthy..

I've personally tried using a Grado SR80 on the train and my conclusion is it's quite similar to wearing clip-ons ie, little isolation and much leakage of sound. However, I still enjoy the music with it but all the positive traits and nuances apparent indoors will be lost.

Unless you turn up the volume to drum-bursting levels..but that's unhealthy.

That's an understatement...........read permanent hearing loss.

It depend on the kind of music you're listening to. Generally pop, rock music just to kill time till you reach your destination should be fine with the Grados. I do get stared at when i'm in a library due to leakage of sound...haizz. Still hunting for a good earphone for outdoor and when in the library before i get kick out for noise pollution. headphone.gif

For good closed cans, you might want to consider the Audio technica ATH-Axxx series. Quite a number of the users over at head-fi like the ATH-A900. Isolation on the go probably will not be as good as IEMs, but should be sufficient to filter out low noise levels?

From what I hear from the users over at head-fi, after burn in, its got good bass response and extended treble. Forgot what was said about the mids though, but after burn in, it won't be as congested. Its soundstaging is also not bad. A general remark made about the A900 was that it sounded a bit bright even after burn-in. Can anyone confirm?

Also, the Sennheiser HD25 (?) gets some rep from the users over at head-fi as well. Not sure of what its strength and weaknesses are.

Hmm, I think there's also the Sony D66 Eggos? Also not sure about its strenght and weakness. (I remember these looking like some alien equipment of some sort with awkwardly winged 'ears' jutting out.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong smile.gif

On a side note, due to our weather being the way it is, I'd rather wear IEMs outside, otherwise its gonna be a lot of sweat blink.gif