Sign in to follow this  
fishball79

Mystery Cable #01

Actually i was referring to powercords vs interconnects vs speaker cables... Almost most of the time my system was only 2 components, cd player and amp so i only need a pair of ic.

By the time i have behringer I'm using the same ic between all components, the diy silver ones which i liked alot laugh.gif I did compare the KCAG copy vs silver streak in various positions in my stereo but results weren't audible to me.

The only thing that is obvious is the price premium of KCAG over Silver Streak! ohmy.gif

Ah....understooded.....keekekeke........I agree with U then, speaker cables wreak the most havoc or yield the most improvement as per the other 2 in the early chains.

I have an opposite view. Any changes nearer to the source will be more audible for me. Henceforth, I always reserve the less favoured power cord/interconnects to the amp stage.

erm.. i dont understand

Sipher,

He means cables connected to components upstream closer to the source (cd player) will have a mroe effect on the sound. So he reserves his best sounding cable to connect to the cd player rather than to the amplifer, which is his last stage before loudspeakers/cans.

hmmm...

ok let's say his setup is like the following:

CDP -> cable1 -> amp -> cable2 -> speakers

that means cable1 is a better-sounding cable than cable2?

Northern Oak,

No, RCA terminated interconnects are more elaborate with teflon tubing and possibly shielding. Might not be the same wires too. I'm still waiting for more materials to come for further testing, if new wires sound better i will use them, if not... sighs find some use for them.

C h r i s

hmmm...

ok let's say his setup is like the following:

CDP -> cable1 -> amp -> cable2 -> speakers

that means cable1 is a better-sounding cable than cable2?

Sipher,

I assume U are referring to interconnects?

My choice is as follows:

CDP > interconnect A > pre amp > interconnect B > power amp

In this scenario, I insert the best sounding/matching cable to (A) and a lesser one in (cool.gif.

ok thanks mackie.

i suppose there's no such concern in headphone setup rite??

because only 1 interconnect is used.

sipher,

it all depends lah. most speaker amps are integrated, with pre and power amp built in one box. so they only need one interconnect. headphone amp also 1 interconnect enough already.

but for some higher end speaker amps, preamp and power amp are in separate boxes so you will need 2 interconnect to connect all together. and speakers cables are not the same as interconnects. the design and jacks are different as well. so you cannot put speaker cables and interconnects together.

ok thanks mackie.

i suppose there's no such concern in headphone setup rite??

because only 1 interconnect is used.

Sad to say...it applies as well but not in the area of interconnects but power cords. If there are 2 different grades of power cords, I choose to use the better grade (provided it's matching to the ancillary) for the cdp and the lesser one to the headamp.

Remember......"Garbage in, garbage out"......a saying which has prevailed since the 80s when I started this hobby.

Here is the final product... don't look like much... but it sounds much better than stock cables. Who knows, maybe even those audiograde ones

post-2-1056644085.jpg