Sign in to follow this  
Neal

Westone UM1 & UM2

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone knows the current retail price in SG$ for Westone UM1 & UM2?

I've search the forum and only found 1 or 2 posts with not much details and price seemed got mixed up (from the posts).

Thanks!

Neal.

Hi Feather, may I know which apple store has the ultimate ears?

Edited by kwhv

You can get them from Apple Online Store. They carry:

Shure E2c $220

Shure E3c $375

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 (white) $179

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5EB (white) $359

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5Pro (white) $446

among other things.

Apple Store

Went to Jaben this evening to try out the UM1 & UM2, not satisfied with the sound.

Instead, I bought the Etymōtic ER6

Edited by Neal

why were u not satisfied with the UM2?

i didnt like the UM2 sound either.. i went from the ER6 to the ER4P and after listening to those 2, the UM2 just sound muddy, the bass is not as tight, and the highs are very very rolled off compared to the Etys. the Etys have excellent detail and clear highs. the UM2 highs dont seem to be as clear and the mids sound a bit boomy and overpowering.

why were u not satisfied with the UM2?

i didnt like the UM2 sound either.. i went from the ER6 to the ER4P and after listening to those 2, the UM2 just sound muddy, the bass is not as tight, and the highs are very very rolled off compared to the Etys. the Etys have excellent detail and clear highs. the UM2 highs dont seem to be as clear and the mids sound a bit boomy and overpowering.

oh.. u are more of a high person than a low one?

Same impressions with the UM2 here after trying them out several times on 3 occasions.

I find them lacking in detail, and their high-bass and low-mids overpowering. They seem rather dark to me, and amplification through a CMOY didn't benefit them either due to their sensitivity.

In the end, it was a toss up to go with either the CK7 or ER6i, and I chose the CK7 instead.

As for details, i think the UM2 got quite a bit. Both westones got more details than a ER6i in the mids. Also, the tip used to audition the Westones is impt.

As for bassy SQ Vs high SQ, its a toss up. Up to individual's preference. The UM2 will have the edge in very noisy enviroments cos its the bass that get drown out 1st. Eg, performing on stage.

Sometimes, i like the ER6i's sound, sometimes, i prefer the UM2's authority, they just sweep everything else aside and drown you in music. headphone.gif

i have the same initial result too when i first got the UM2 and i find that they sound like EX71... After using a biflange on the UM2.. The sound got open out and not muddy and dark at all.. Everything sound quite balance out and the details are there... They are a sensitive phones and very source dependent... thus u hear hiss for some players.. Did i mention before?? the bass is great...

Woah ho! I thought I was alone but I chose the er6 over the um1 & 2s as well!!! I guess I prefer detail and good reproduction above all else and the UMs just didn't cut it for me. I also look for a pair of professional monitors for audio mixing and the er6 pleases in both areas. Soon I may upgrade to 4s or 4p but then something else might pop up!

Watch the forums... Soon I shall reveal to all my custom vinyl mold er6!!! laugh.gif

yes i am pretty much of a 'high' person.. i really enjoy having nice clear sounding IEMs/headphones. i used to own the EX71 as well, i still have them in my drawer and everytime i want to appreciate how clear sounding the Etys are, i will listen to the EX71 for a few minutes tongue.gif

i used the UM2 with both the soft comply tips and the flanges. they were slightly awkward for me to get a good seal with, but once i was sure i had a good fit, i proceeded to play music through my Ipod-pocketdock line out-hornet setup.

i guess this is just my own opinion, i dont expect everyone to feel the same way and i'm sure i will offend some of you UM2 owners out there.. but the UM2 is definitely not worth the extra money over the ER4P/S iems. i almost ordered the UM2 from earphonesolutions.com and i am glad i did not spend the extra $$ for dual drivers which dont even sound as good as a single driver iem.

for those of you who are going to buy a new pair of IEMs, please, please do try them out before you buy. i have not had a chance to audition the Shure E4 series but am hoping to do so soon. peace guys.