Sign in to follow this  
afbug

KOSS SportaPro

Thanks squalle! You're the man! headphone.gif Sorry i can't stay and chat with you guys longer.

Pre burn in, i prefer the KSC75, more metallic cold SQ. The sportapro is warmer.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by afbug

OMG! Master Bug? Where you get all those KSC75 side clips? o.O

Burnt in the Sporta Pros over at Squalle's place last night, its still quite warm sounding.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the ATH-CK7 a lot, or maybe its incomplete burn in issues, but as compared to the CK7, the SportaPros sound rather sloppy in comparison (not as crisp). The highs seem a bit veiled, even when I cut a hole in the middle of the thick foam (helped out a bit).

ya, agreed that resolution is not as good but it's really value for money. personally i like warm sound so it is alright for me. however, i found that the vocals sometimes sound too thin for those R&B songs. maybe not fully burn in yet. still, great sound for its price! (and seemingly cheapo looks laugh.gif )

hmm

I think I've found music that the sporta pros fail miserably

very flabby bass

maybe if you guys have, try dream theater. the sporta pros sound really loose and I dont like it in this case

but I find them rather acceptable for its price (vs the ex71 or the apple in-ear)

however, for jazz, I find the sporta pros are rather nice. jazz needs warm sounding cans I think

btw, Zeph's sporta pros are no more virgin! LOL

I've recabled the cans for him last night hahahhaa

black headphones, white wires laugh.gif

Zephyron, there is a reason why i want your KSC75. tongue.gif Show us pic of your recabled pair! White?!

squalle, any improvements on the recabled sportapro? Got yellow? I want yellow. lol headphone.gif Wow so fast you figured out how to open them up for recable!

I have to agree with Kross. At this price, i cannot complain much. beer.gif Yes bass is a little flabby but i guess i can make do with it. Also, i'm using KSC75's earclips with them now, so its bass isn't as strong/flabby as with the headband. I'm quite impressed by its case. lol I tot will be some cheapo thin material like CK7's! haha.

Edited by afbug

Yep, white re-cabling.

I don't really recognize a sonic signature difference after the re-cable, but rather, things did seem louder.

4 volume notches down my iAudio U3 to achieve same volume, was quite shocked, but I did not rule out the possibility of placebo.

Must compare to a SportaPro that has yet to be re-cabled.

Hmm, the amount of bass for the SportaPro does make it a decent gaming headphone, lots of boom, so explosions sound good.

Mainly going to pair this up on my laptop and my PS2 smile.gif

ADD: Will try to post a pic by tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Zephyron

Yep, white re-cabling.

I don't really recognize a sonic signature difference after the re-cable, but rather, things did seem louder.

4 volume notches down my iAudio U3 to achieve same volume, was quite shocked, but I did not rule out the possibility of placebo.

Must compare to a SportaPro that has yet to be re-cabled.

Hmm, the amount of bass for the SportaPro does make it a decent gaming headphone, lots of boom, so explosions sound good.

Mainly going to pair this up on my laptop and my PS2 smile.gif

ADD: Will try to post a pic by tomorrow afternoon.

squalle recabled his as well? I mean after the mod, you did not compare? Maybe the white cable is more efficent. If its 4 notches, i dun think its placebo. lol. Quite noticable rite?

I did not mod mine

haha

I told you, but maybe you've forgotten.

I somehow stupidly left them in the office

so yeah, we've got no other sporta pros to compare against

I did not mod mine

haha

I told you, but maybe you've forgotten.

I somehow stupidly left them in the office

so yeah, we've got no other sporta pros to compare against

I did not catch it when you tell me. lol. Too busy inspecting the SPs. But why white cable ah? Heavy?

bcoz that's the only color I have for spc wire

well, of course you can buy some other color you fancy

hehe

or another option would be, throw a techflex over it, bright green? laugh.gif

bcoz that's the only color I have for spc wire

well, of course you can buy some other color you fancy

hehe

or another option would be, throw a techflex over it, bright green? laugh.gif

Haha ok. Brigh green! Can glow? lol. BTW, did you visit CS? Got a hot topic going on but a bit extreme.

Whew, dunno what happened yesterday, but my browser told me something wrong with SGHP's database, so I cannot access to put pics in.

Anyways, here's the stuffs, pardon my bad photography;

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I like the re-wiring done here, very solid and tough. Perfect for home use other than some microphonic effect. But then again, I'm using it on the laptop, so no problems there smile.gif

I'm not sure if the bright green will glow laugh.gif

btw yea, I guess indeed sgheadphones site did have some prob for some time

Hmm, I shd've taken the pics myself LOL

I think the microphonics cant be avoided if you're using some stiff material like the PTFE (aka teflon)

Yeah the site was down last nite. Not sure why.

The braided cords looks cool! Looks like Westone's cable! Wah tempting. haha bright green, just joking la.

Zephyron:

I notice you cut a hole in the foams as well. Better treble?

Master Bug:

Yep, better treble response, but the change isn't as drastic as the KSC75's one.

I think its because of the way the phones are placed. They hug on quite tightly to my head.

The hole cut helps to alleviate the veil a little, but I still would describe the SportaPro's sound signature as one that's more appropriate for gaming, lotsa bass.

Hmm, I wouldn't say its treble is rolled off though, they reach the high trebles rather well, with things around the 15-16kHz range still sounding existant.