Sign in to follow this  
adhoc

where to get canare cable in s'pore?

am looking for the canare L-4E6S OR THE L-4E5C.

anyone know where i can get these and at what price?

also, anyone where to get good 6.35mm connectors?

intend to buy about 7m to replace the super irritating stock dt880 cable.. yucky.gif

blink.gif 7 m??

now I will start worrying about the sound quality biggrin.gif

I am also thinking of replacing.. but I don't want to hurt my beloved dt880 sleep.gif

I suggest you get an extension cord instead and keep it as shot as possible. 7m is crazy. Hope you have a good amp.

haha dont worry guys... 3m for headphones to first 6.35mm and another 3m for experimental purposes and maybe an upcoming (not sure yet) dt770 or maybe an extension cable.. whatever it is, it will confirm be better than the stock 3m (actually 2m practical length due to coiling) and the bundled 5m extension.

and oh, in case you're wondering about the validity of my math (3+3=7??!), 1m provision for mistakes. lol.gif

and guyferd, quite weird actually that the dt880 didnt come with a manual right? i actually expected one considering the price. if i remember correctly the dt931 comes with a small manual. of course i wont expect that the manual teach me how to wear the heaphones (lol.gif) but other things like adjustment tips, specs, disassemly instructions, pad removal guide etc etc

What about specs sheet? Didn't it even come with that? At least the RS-1 came with that & a newsletter even though the box is Cough! Cough! Hack! Hack!

totally nothing. all the specs are on the back of the paper sleeve holding the aluminium box.

the aluminium box is nice, though i wouldnt pay extra for it. no.gif

Oh U should be thankful for the aluminium box. I'm sure those who have owned the Senn HD600 can attest to the fact that the box captures fungei with time. Mine did and I have to constantly clean and air it.

yeah the dt880 doesn't come with the manual. Ah.. but the manual only tok cok.. tell you about the specs only , and the parts no. Which all can be found in their website..

The box is really nice though laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind paying that extra (whatever amount) just for the box happy.gif

Oh U should be thankful for the aluminium box. I'm sure those who have owned the Senn HD600 can attest to the fact that the box captures fungei with time. Mine did and I have to constantly clean and air it.

Mine is fungi free. However it is only +1 years old.

what is that box made of?

wood? w00t.gif

I have to constantly clean and air it.

2 words... Silica Gel.

Guyferd,

Oops, didn't answer the question...

You can try LHS Electronics, #02-46 Sim Lim Tower.

Cables should cost $2 per ft or so.

Edited by fishball79

thanks fishball,

will go there once i'm free. should be sometime next week i think.