Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Group buy for SOHA pcb by digi01

Hi guys, after receiving my MJ from digi01, I am eager to try building a headphone amp myself. After much research on headwize and head-fi, decided to settle on the SOHA design.

I have discussed with digi01 on the possibilities of doing a group buy for his SOHA pcb board. According to digi01, the pcb will be double-sided with onboard PSU.

Wondering if there is anyone interested in getting the SOHA pcb too, so that we can split the cost for shipping?  wink.gif

This thread is officially an ordering thread. Please kindly place your orders by adding to the ordering post at the end of the thread.

*Edited*Updated with the actual design that digi01 will be shipping over.

post-12-1145543065.gif

Edited by Edwin

Sign me up  laugh.gif

You are in. happy.gif

Forgot to mention that the board will cost about $15 USD. How many boards u planning to get? I'm thinking of 2 myself.

Edited by Edwin

Trying to keep this thread clean, huangyong I will post some pics plus a short review on another thread later. Watch out for it.

I will get one board. I pm digi01 cos I didn't see this MO interest check due to sgheadphones was down. I hope you guys can come up with a list of parts etc, so us newbies can do it easier. BTW - digi said there will be documentation with the PCB.

Discussed with digi01 earlier, was told that he is finalizing the design for the diamond buffer specially for the SOHA.

Also, some changes in design is being incorporated into the original SOHA to cater for higher customisation for the DIY'ers. happy.gif

He hopes to get the board ready for shipping by mid of April.

heady, will discuss with digi01 tomorrow to see if he can come up with a component list to help us gather the parts before the boards arrive. wink.gif

pls note that diamond buffer you need matched transistor, please ask digi01 to provide those pairs as well. he used to provide me that. he charge a little bit higher, but at least better than buying 20-30 pieces and match one by one.

Edwin, you posted on the old server. Can you post again here? Want to add my name to the list of people ordering... biggrin.gif

Yup, thanks for the info huangyong.

Ok here's the latest development. digi01 is now trying to come up with the part list for the SOHA, will post it here once I can get hold on it, most probably after the weekend as he is still finalizing the components for his diamond buffer board.

As for the diamond buffer pcb board, it will be included when u get the SOHA board. Correcting 1 mistake I made earlier, the diamond buffer will be only 1 board. digi01 is designing a stereo version, thus 1 will be sufficient for both channels.

If you really need to get matched transistors ones, digi01 is offering to sell matched and assembled diamond buffer boards for $20 USD/set.

And you are right Qsilver, the package for order here are as follows:

SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB = US$15

SOHA PCB w/ assembled diamond buffer PCB (US$15 + US$20) = US$35

Attached is a picture of the older diamond buffer, as the new one is still a prototype.

chins don't worry, we can organize a few trips to Koba or do a group buy from farnell later for the parts. There are a few expert DIY'ers here whom are willing to extend a helping to fellow newbies like us, right guys??? wub.gif

Think I will try to match the transistors myself here (also more fun doing it), thus will not be getting the assembled boards from digi01.

Will be changing this interest check thread to an ordering one. C'mon guys, hope to get as many orders as possible to help reduce the shipping overheads. party.gif

Please update the list below with your orders (SOHA boards and the diamond buffers needed):

1)Edwin - 2 SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB

2)Qsilver - 2 SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB

3)Heady - ? SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB

Arrh ... mode of payment not stated? tongue.gif

3)Heady - ? SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB

Arrh ... mode of payment not stated? tongue.gif

3)Heady - 1 SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB

Guys, you will have to trust me on this. smile.gif

Payment will be by fund transfer to my POSB bank account. When the boards arrive, I will notify thru' this thread for collection.

3)Heady - 1 SOHA PCB w/ diamond buffer PCB

Edited by Edwin