Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Group buy for SOHA pcb by digi01

I did PM digi01 re: the buffers but no response. What can we do? Looks like it is bye bye to our cash.... :bye2:

Any comments Edwin?

Digi01 has replied over at headwiz:

http://headwize.com/ubb/showpost.php?fnum=...d=55049&fpage=9

So now we need to wait for Edwin to confirm. Personally, getting cash back is not a priority but rather closure of this whole matter.

Edited by heady

of coz la... over there he sells it for USD18, here merely USD5. surely he will cancel. money is bigger than promise. lol...

I am fed up with him liao... MOD, handle this as cheat case thanks!!

Dear All, I called Edwin last night. And according to him, he "slip off his mind" about this due to recent "job change and busy with work". Well, he said he heard from digi01 last time that it is "done soon", and he will contact digi01 soon.

In the other hand, "the previously order was cancled.anything please contact edwin.I have returned the balance funds. I would like accept on-line order via the page.

all the best, Zang" by digi01 according to the link provided by heady.

Dear All, I called Edwin last night. And according to him, he "slip off his mind" about this due to recent "job change and busy with work". Well, he said he heard from digi01 last time that it is "done soon", and he will contact digi01 soon.

In the other hand, "the previously order was cancled.anything please contact edwin.I have returned the balance funds. I would like accept on-line order via the page.

all the best, Zang" by digi01 according to the link provided by heady.

Thanks huangyong. I didn't want to call Edwin as I know he is busy. But it will be good for Edwin to confirm that it was digi01 who cancelled the order and not Edwin. Then I suppose, we can draw our own conclusions about this situation.

I noted that it took a post to headfi where digi01 is trying to promote his online store to get a reply from digi01. Prior pm got no response from him.

Sorry for all the troubles guys. :no:

Been really busy lately cos just switch job 2 months ago and this MO thingy just slipped my mind.

Thanks to a few of the guys who actually reminded me that I still need to sort out the diamond buffer issue. Truthfully, I had not been talking to digi01 for the past 2 months cos my new workplace dun permit external internet connection, and my usual communication with digi01 was thru' MSN messenger.

I would need to do some catch up on the latest happenings on the development first. And I will try to communicate with digi01 thru' email, to see what's the actions to be taken from here.

By the way, think I still owe one guy in Canada his PCB boards. I am really sorry about this guys, hope you guys can give me a few more days to sort this mess out.

Managed to get hold of digi01, and he confirmed that the diamond buffer boards sadly, will not be fulfilled. According to him, I will refund the cost of each buffer boards, US$2 for every PCB order. As for those who have ordered the assembled buffers, he will fulfill these orders and will be sending over 4 assembled sets over for those who ordered the assembled version.

For those who are in this Group Buy for the diamond buffer PCB, please kindly contact me, Edwin @ 91713779, to discuss the refund arrangement. As for those who are expecting the assembled version(4 orders), please bear with me for a while more while the buffers are being sent over.

Thanks Edwin for sorting out the mess. This put a different perspective on the matter. If digi01 is having his buffers made and assembled, it will be very difficult for him to sell just the boards.

But it also mean we have to wait a while longer. I ordered the assembled buffer... aiyah wait again.

Hmm, I wish I can also enforce no MSN or Yahoo or Skype in my organisation too.

haha..heady.. looks like you have lots of patience..

well while waiting.. why don't we try something interesting. Do you know opamp + mosfet (with LM317) run in class A can be a real good buffer too..hehe.. ? :D

haha..heady.. looks like you have lots of patience..

well while waiting.. why don't we try something interesting. Do you know opamp + mosfet (with LM317) run in class A can be a real good buffer too..hehe.. ? :D

huangyong, you know what is Hobson's choice? It means no choice. So, I have Hobson's choice in this matter. Digi01 say will be fullfilled, then I have to wait. After all, all I got to loose, is just money. :cry:

Hi All,

I've been reading bits and pieces of this thread.

Am sorry to hear what happen to some of you. I guess

everybody is out to make a quick buck.

But can someone point me in the right direction what this

diamond buffer is about? I been unsuccessful in finding information.

I think I did read about this being designed by Walt Jung (the master of the

super regulators.)

Anyway I am sure it offers some sonic upgrade to your equipment, and in this

forum the application I assume will be for headphone amps? But I am wondering

what does it do? Why would you need to add a buffer? I am not technical at all.

And from what I've been reading, you'd want less things in your signal path right?

If the headamp, or maybe the output stage of a DAC is doing its job why add

something else?

Thanks for reading, any help is much appreciated.

From what I know, it is pretty much the internals of a buffer being assembled using individual components. This has the benefit of a higher current limit. I'm not sure if the distortion is lower than a BUF634. Pretty low though at 0.002% as mentioned by Walt Jung.

A buffer is to give you the low output impedance as well as to give the power need to drive the stuffs connected at the output. If your signal comes out of the amplifier but doesn't have enough power to drive whatever that's connected to it, the signal voltage will drop and you thus have the situation where your load isn't driven well.

Thanks pegasus21. So simply put diamond buffer helps with the matching of impedance between

equipment, and provides some gain too. I'm trying to match my equipment to my amp which only

has an input impedance of 20k ohm.

From what I know, it is pretty much the internals of a buffer being assembled using individual components. This has the benefit of a higher current limit. I'm not sure if the distortion is lower than a BUF634. Pretty low though at 0.002% as mentioned by Walt Jung.

A buffer is to give you the low output impedance as well as to give the power need to drive the stuffs connected at the output. If your signal comes out of the amplifier but doesn't have enough power to drive whatever that's connected to it, the signal voltage will drop and you thus have the situation where your load isn't driven well.

so what's the conclusion?? bye bye to $$

even digi01 is avoiding me.. damn.. probably block me in msn coz i don't see him online in msn nowadays.