Sign in to follow this  
Blues

Nice amp for dt880

perhaps even less than that kicking.gif

we will be more than happy if we can drag you to join team beyer

hehehe lol.giflol.gif

It's definitely tempting, Guy. Heh. Will be hoping to audition it in a quieter environment sometime in the next coupla months. Although, like i keep saying, Mackie's equipment works miracles as a depressant. Doctors should prescribe it.

Definately.

I find music in general works as a depressant. Sometimes when you are tired and all, you don't necessarily need a good system, but just the music/song itself.

By this time, you are listening to the music, not the system.

Note that I say music. This is what many of us fail to hear. All we keep hearing is the system and how marvellous they sound.

Ultimate goal,imo is to be able to hear the music and be one with them and forget about the system altogether. But to reach this, of course we need at least a decent setup happy.gif

Edited by Guyferd

Listening to music DO help to relieve stress. BUT first, you must set up the system, which can be stressing at times. (To some addicts, tweaks are like wonder drugs and do not apply in this instance).

Haahaa, so add stress here, relieve stress there = NO STRESS ?????? laugh.gif

sometimes I think even listening to 20 dollar pc multimedia speaker helps to relieve stress, if the song is nice biggrin.gif

if not nice.. forget it mad.gif

thanks for the links adhoc, but i do not have any idea what your page is about. i never did senior science in highschool, only did first year physics at uni..

have you guys had a read about cables on this site?

http://sound.westhost.com/cables.htm

it says no difference in sound with power cables

what are isolation cones btw?

Edited by iconic

hey good link down there, iconic

now reading their stuffs

I have DIY belden on loan right now. maybe I should post how different they sound(if there is any biggrin.gif )

very good link iconic.

i might want to show this to some of my friends over at head-fi eg wallijonn and gerG.

i dont think that they would be very happy to read it though, esp wallijonn.

he's currently working on a tri-metal cable consisting of magwire, silver and copper. one type of metal for each freq range (low, med & high).

maybe he should have a short talk with the author of the article you linked. lol.gif

adhoc,

Hearing is believing. Reading is academic - theory etc. Had an electronics engineer friend who said the same thing to me. Then I let him listen to some PBJ, then Silver Streaks, then different lengths of Kimber Power Kords (I had the shorter ones then as well). He had nothing to say after that. He went out and bought some Kimber Power Cords. :-)

Yup, agree with Rameish. If one can't tell the difference, ignorance is bliss. If one can, don't reject the truth. Researching is fine and healthy in the search for sonic truth but the truth lies in what U hear and not what U read. Afterall, sound and music is very subjective.

Remember, once upon a time, the world believes Earth is flat.

ps. Isolation cones are those tweaking objects one places under audio equipment to provide a firmer and isolated support from mechanical feedback and proper grounding of energy.

rameish i understand that theory is so often so different from real-world, but what i am trying to make clear here is that there is a very very very small chance that there is an audible difference based on hype and marketing.

referring to your example involving your friend, i am sure that when you showed your friend the cables, you did not do a double blind a/b type test. you might have said something like this when you brought out your best cable:

"hey look out for this one. it has the highest detail and smoothest transients."

immediately you friend would have a biased outlook. he would immediately assume that this was the best one. he would also specifically look out for the better detail and smoother transients. which he would undoubtedly find since he might not have been looking out for them when auditioning previous cables. or his subconscsious and uncontrollable biased view manifested itself and he 'heard' what he wanted to hear.

it is an all too given fact that the human mind is extremely easy to manipulate. i have read of experiments where people have been led to believe that they visited disneyland and even give detailed descriptions of their trip there (eg time spent, what they did, who they met) although they had never been there.

scary eh? it's why i try to take all reviews with a pinch of salt. especailly when the reviewer starts using phrases like 'musical', 'flowing', 'joyous' etc etc basically phrases that are open to various interpretations.

it's also why i feel auditioning equipment is very subjective. of course you will be told by the dealer that this marantzes give 'full bodied' sound and sonys give 'strong and flowing' sound and nads give 'clear and detailed' sound and denons are his 'favourite'. then after taking this all in you would of course be unconsciously influenced.

if it's feasible, the best possible way to audition is to take a piece of equipment you have ZERO experience with, you dont even KNOW it exists (you've never heard of it or read reviews) and bring it home without the dealer adding comments, to audition. headphone.gif

weird eh? smile.gif i guess that's why audiophil-ism is like a religion, you need faith.

btw mackie,

most of the world believed that the earth was flat because everyone else and all the smart people (eg scientists) thought so right?

once again influenced by the thoughts of others - herd mentality.

anyway, rameish and mackie, dont mean to diss you or undermine your experience.

i know that you both have far more experience with hi-fi audio than me. i undoubtedly respect you both. alot. you 2 are further up the sgheadphones hierarchy than i can ever hope to be.

but i stand firmly by what i believe, and what is believe is that audio is inescapably afflicted by subjectivitis. hammer.gif

Edited by adhoc

adhoc,

U have a probing mind and this is good in warding off hype, influence and psychoacoustics that are commonly prevalent in audiophilia. Add on to this with an open mind and U are set to take on system building. happy.gif

Point to add, no offense taken. wink.gif

Music and sound is subjective. I always believe in this..........if one can't hear the difference between a mini-compo and an audiophile rig, let him live with his mini-compo instead of convincing him to embrace audiophilia. What matters most is the person must be happy with his audio system and yet need not empty his wallet just to feel accepted by his audiophile friends.

We'll be around to help those who wishes to pursue deeper into audiophilia.

Edited by Mackie

very thoughtful indeed, adhoc!!

Just what I would expect of brainiac from VJ (pun intended- ? lol.giflol.gif )

mackie, agree with you. There is no point in forcefully pushing your ideas to him where he can't appreciate it. Just be happy and content with whatever he has. If he wants to know more about headphile, we will be here to help. If not, we are also happy for him because he has found his perfect mate in whichever system , be it mini compo or computer speakers.

Edited by Guyferd