Sign in to follow this  
adhoc

electronica suggestions..

yeah N@z.. I also like ambient. But it's more of trance lah actually...

I also like the robert miles.. I think his is ambient trance or something, you're probably right on that happy.gif

Either that I'm becoming a dinosaur already!

the reason I prefer trance or even ambient trance over techno is because the feeling is built overtime..

like in trance, the orgasmic part only appears perhaps towards the end or in the middle. The first part is like building up the rhythm.. very nice

techno imo is more for those headbangers(no offense to da fans) coz it doesn't really have some 'enjoyment' like I find in trance wink.gif

oh i have d/l'ed airdrawndagger and listened to it.. somehow i dont 'click' with it.

and in search of sunrise? there are 3 volumes, which one? i'll assume you're talking about the first one right?

N@Z, there are many types of trance. there is acid, hard, breaks, progressive, and goa to name a few.. even i am not sure of the differences sometimes. but you do have a point though, the lines are sometimes blurred.

i mean, just look at linkin park. what are they?! alternative-neu-metal-rap i read once in a magazine, now what is that! they rap, but dont rap in a typical style. they're not 'hard' enough for metal, not as alternative as say, benson five, and, 'neu'? what's that?! lol.gif

like music got identity crises nowadays.

and thanks for the reccommendations bulkie, and speaking of trance classics, another you might want to check out is energy52 by cafe del mar IIRC.

Hmm energy52, sounds familliar but I cant recall. I'll go search my stuffs later and see if I can find it. hehe

Anyway yeah the 1st In search of Sunrise was probably the best of all. My other all time favourate Compilation would be Renaissance - Worldwide (Robert Miles, Dave Seaman).

Where do u usually buy ur albums? HMV or Valentine?

valentine?

usually i d/l them, listen and if i like it, it's a trip to hmv at citilink or tower at suntec first, then if no luck then hmv at heeren.

but if this valentine has cheaper prices than hmv heeren, i'm very very VERY interested.

would you believe that oakenfold's tranceport 1 is selling at $40 at hmv! madness.

and guyferd, what you are describing is known as progressive trance IIRC.

oow!! hehehe great to know. There are so many different type of trance that I got confused sometimes tongue.gif

cafe del mar should be ambient.

IIRC volume 9 of cafe del mar had some tracks which IMO sounded like lift/toilet music. nice stuff, but good to me only for serious relaxation.

Edited by adhoc

ohmy.gif .....

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

we're not worthy of your words, Lord .

Lord of Electronica/Trance

Edited by Guyferd

valentine?

usually i d/l them, listen and if i like it, it's a trip to hmv at citilink or tower at suntec first, then if no luck then hmv at heeren.

but if this valentine has cheaper prices than hmv heeren, i'm very very VERY interested.

would you believe that oakenfold's tranceport 1 is selling at $40 at hmv! madness.

and guyferd, what you are describing is known as progressive trance IIRC.

Valentine Music Centre @ Paradise/parklane. Cant recall which flr, should be 3rd i think. Lotsa Djs flock there to get their weekly stock or cds/vinyl. They do sell some cans as well.

As for the price, hmmm should be abit cheaper then HMV if i can recall.

I agree with N@z, try out Massive Attack - Mezzanine. Not exactly electronica in the sense that electronica is only the backing for vocals. Trip hop is the correct term although it also falls under electronica.

N@Z, the new album 100th Window sounds similar to Mezzanine, just like how Protection sounds like Blue Lines.

DJ Shadow Endtroducing is very good IMHO. So is the newer cd Private Press although i prefer Endtroducing.

sound of 'o'?

by whom?

Sound of '0' Vol.1 is compilation I think, I'm rediscovering my CD's and I remmember this being given to my by a very famous Malaysian rock star w00t.gif

Well I ran a CDDB inquiry the contents came up as (Artist only)-

Pascal F.E.O.S. featuring Timo Maas, Jurgen Dreissen, World Clique, Huntemann, Oliver Klein, King-O, Corvin Dalek, Plasmatics, Paul Nord and Rythmiker vs Ratio.

if it's a compilation, a bit difficult to classify into any one genre.

should be trance/dance/house going by the artistes you've mentioned.