Sign in to follow this  
cmk

Another PA2V2 thread, but about ps

hey mackie...great info there, is the price you quote of $9.50 for the plugs only? or are these cables ready made units(too cheap to believe tho)?

but Im guessing its just the plugs so the cables and workmanship would still be added on top of it right...

Price quoted is for the plugs alone. Cable should cost no more than $3/m so u do the maths. I terminated the cables myself, so no workmanship cost involved. tongue.gif

Yah. No choice lor..

Have to wait a couple more days to see how.

If still dun have then think i will send Gary a mail.

Hi.. dun worry at all.. Gary is one hell of a super nice guy..

I had problems with my PA2V2 and no questions asked, he shipped me a new one and asked me to ship the old one back...

Service of this type of quality is just about as rare as dinosaur walking on the streets!!

Yeah. He's a very nice guy.

No doubt abt it.

Anyway i had receive my PA2V2 yesterday.

Haven't have much time to fiddle with it due to exams.

Listen to it for a while n i find some sort of static at lower vol.

If there any way to correct this?

Yeah. He's a very nice guy.

No doubt abt it.

Anyway i had receive my PA2V2 yesterday.

Haven't have much time to fiddle with it due to exams.

Listen to it for a while n i find some sort of static at lower vol.

If there any way to correct this?

It will go off in a while. This normally happen once you fire up the amp.

Those of you who have sensitive cans, or which are already hi-resolution, might want to consider having alternative mini-mini cables. The reason for this is as I discovered, some music can be recorded either too bright (rock, pop), or too dark (percussion/drums) or with hi-dynamic range. Since every recording is different, some cables can help to reduce the glare, harshness, percussion impact, if this is too much for your ears. I found that if it is tilted too much in one direction, I got tired and went to sleep. Also take note that some cables may sound different if the direction is changed. I'm currently trying out a few to see which suits each genre of music/recording.

I also bought the PA2V2 around 1+ month ago.

Feel the stock IC he given with is as what some other users have said.

Have static when you move/touch it at times.

Feel like getting the Cardas IC though.

RnB cables arent too bad too! laugh.gif

It cost more than a PA2V2!!! hammer.gif

Shiro MS08th, a cable upgrade is essential. The stock ones are not good.

Frankly getting the "right" cable can make a whole lot of difference. Don't underestimate the PA2V2, this little baby has loads of detail and gets the all important music presentation right, as in the music sounds coherent. So far the PA2V2 has responded well to cable swapping.

a) Canare Starquad with F12 plugs = sound is quite nice, leaning to the warm side, good detail, fairly big soundstage. V good value.

cool.gif Kimber black with Switchcraft plugs = sound is good, leaning towards detail retrieval, good focus and soundstage, high dynamic impact, suitable for laid back cans.

c) Custom silver wires with Japan miniplugs = still testing, liquid sounding, amazing detail, good flow and dynamics. I shouldn't say too much. whistling.gif

It cost more than a PA2V2!!! hammer.gif

Shiro MS08th, a cable upgrade is essential. The stock ones are not good.

Yep.

Thinking of getting the 6" Cardas HPI IC.

Currently enquiry on the shipping stuffs at cablepro.

Frankly getting the "right" cable can make a whole lot of difference. Don't underestimate the PA2V2, this little baby has loads of detail and gets the all important music presentation right, as in the music sounds coherent. So far the PA2V2 has responded well to cable swapping.

a) Canare Starquad with F12 plugs = sound is quite nice, leaning to the warm side, good detail, fairly big soundstage. V good value.

cool.gif Kimber black with Switchcraft plugs = sound is good, leaning towards detail retrieval, good focus and soundstage, high dynamic impact, suitable for laid back cans.

c) Custom silver wires with Japan miniplugs = still testing, liquid sounding, amazing detail, good flow and dynamics. I shouldn't say too much. whistling.gif

Hi,

What do you think of the Canare Starquad with F12 plugs VS Cardas HPI?

Would like to ask for an opinion from you.

And how much would the Canare Starquad with F12 plugs cost?

I'm currently using AT A900, Grado SR80 and PA2V2.

Thanks!

I don't think there's a big difference in the sonic signature of both Canare Starquad and Cardas, both provide a warm presentation and should suit both your cans. If you are familar with Cardas sound, it has a certain sonic signature which is still present even with the HPI, which is a bit of a smooth warm sound focusing on the mids.

I bought the Canare 2nd hand, so I'm not the right person to ask, but it should not be too ex.

I don't think there's a big difference in the sonic signature of both Canare Starquad and Cardas, both provide a warm presentation and should suit both your cans. If you are familar with Cardas sound, it has a certain sonic signature which is still present even with the HPI, which is a bit of a smooth warm sound focusing on the mids.

I bought the Canare 2nd hand, so I'm not the right person to ask, but it should not be too ex.

I've never tried any other IC other than the stock IC of PA2V2 which is supplied.

But think should be ordering the Cardas HPI in anycase.

But thanks for your input! biggrin.gif

hmm...

So it improve abit of the mids on my A900 I guess.

hi tbln

Nice of you to drop in. happy.gif

BTW, I'm very happy with the silver wire mini-mini cable, ultra-fidelity when paired with the MS Pros/AT W100s.

The Kimber matches very well with the DT990. Very happy with the sound. headphone.gif

Edited by cmk