Sign in to follow this  
Zephyron

Creative's entry to the IEM foray?

Woah damn...

Any word on pricing? Interesting news... It does look like one of the Shures eh? But looking at Shure's website I can't see any of their products that look like it.

Definitely very interesting. You can always count on Creative to come out with budget alternatives of more expensive earphones. *Looks at Senn CX300*

Then again, with the Apple vs Creative lawsuit, I don't think Creative is likely to win that lawsuit. Who knows they might have to close down, then we will end up with no support of customer service if anything goes wrong.

Is it possible they repackaged the OEM of Shure driver units?

And I think it's single driver, not dual.

Is this their strategy? Hoping to use niche products to capture a popular market?

Is it possible they repackaged the OEM of Shure driver units?

And I think it's single driver, not dual.

Is this their strategy? Hoping to use niche products to capture a popular market?

I won't mind that actually. It means we can get the same thing without the additional cost associated with an illustrious brand like Shure.

Then again, I'm getting disgusted with Creative. In schools, teachers keep harping on how we Singaporeans should be proud of Creative. Yet I don't really see them innovating. Take a look at the Audigys, the Audigy 4 is only slightly improved over the Audigy 1. And their support sucks, firmware updates are like far and few between. (For my friend's MuVo 2 FM at least)

I might pop down to the Creative headquarters this weekend. I know after all that ranting on how Creative just rebrands other people's product and not doing any R&D of their own, it might be a bit hypocritical. However beggers can't be choosers laugh.gif

I've already placed orders on the Aurvana, will make them available for demo, ( 3 cheers for Aron !!!) as for pricing..... Singapore retail price is $219. Will update everyone on my final pricing by next week.

Three cheers for Aron!!!

But $219! If these are just Creative branded E4cs I won't mind, they better be good!

yongchris tell us how these babies are! We might have a dark horse here!

I've already placed orders on the Aurvana, will make them available for demo, ( 3 cheers for Aron !!!) as for pricing..... Singapore retail price is $219. Will update everyone on my final pricing by next week.

Hi! I apologise if this sounds rude, but even Creative hasn't pegged their local price to these earphones. How'd you get the $219? Is that an official creative price? I was at the press launch today and they said they only have the US pricing at the moment.

Hi! I apologise if this sounds rude, but even Creative hasn't pegged their local price to these earphones. How'd you get the $219? Is that an official creative price? I was at the press launch today and they said they only have the US pricing at the moment.

Well he did said he placed orders, so I guess Creative must have told him the pricing right?

I went for the press launch of these today. Called the Aurvana. Got a review set.

creative fanboys beware.

So how they sound? I think it looks more like a Ety. tongue.gif

Actually I already knew about this model a month ago, just that I didn't had the price, received my pricelist two days ago, and I did mention that the Creative EP630 price was gonna be reduced in another thread rite? That was what was on the pricelist..

Actually I already knew about this model a month ago, just that I didn't had the price, received my pricelist two days ago, and I did mention that the Creative EP630 price was gonna be reduced in another thread rite? That was what was on the pricelist..

So either the Creative marcomm ppl were lying to us or their sales department don't communicate with the marketing dept. Either way, the problem is easily settled. I'll send them a mail.

btw, it's priced at $99USD, so unless Sim Wong Hoo wants to rip singaporeans off (more/again) $219 is a strange price.

Zephyron, These are FAR from in-ear monitors. Even Creative are not calling them as such.

These are FAR from in-ear monitors. Even Creative are not calling them as such.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to the sound quality?

I just noticed they're referred to as noise cancelling earphones. Feels a bit wrong.

Edited by radioactive28