Sign in to follow this  
Zephyron

Creative's entry to the IEM foray?

Wow, haven't heard the news till today. tongue.gif

Looks quite good though. Looks a lot like the E4 or the ER6 series.

Wow, read this

"Works with iPod, ZEN and all other MP3 players: Perfect for any MP3 players, while making them sound even better. "

iPod? When did Creative start promoting iPods?

wink.gif

Wow, read this

"Works with iPod, ZEN and all other MP3 players: Perfect for any MP3 players, while making them sound even better. "

iPod? When did Creative start promoting iPods?

wink.gif

Haha good one wink.gif

But in all seriousness, at least Creative is honest enough to admit that Singapore is iPod land after all.

Reply from Creative distributor is that US99.90 is States, Singapore will sell at SRP of $219. Told me if I don't think can sell don't order loh.... dry.gif 

That is really disgusting behavior... But I think they will come to regret it. Screwing over one of the Singaporean audiophile community favourite shops... That ain't wise man.

Edited by aegisofrime

It's probably just a marketing strategy. Why isolate the large iPod population?

Quite sad though, that they have to go to such an extent.

This may signal a change for the directions of the company future (shifting away from DAPs, nah...)

I can't admit I know what they are thinking, and so, I only tell you,

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps. wink.gif

Reply from Creative distributor is that US99.90 is States, Singapore will sell at SRP of $219. Told me if I don't think can sell don't order loh.... dry.gif

Who is the guy huh saying lika that huh? Report to their HQ.

Who is the guy huh saying lika that huh? Report to their HQ.

Mr. Sim will be sorely disappointed with that guy. Actually, USD 99 should only equal to about SGD 156.

Where has the SGD 50 plus extra gone to? Anyway, this is rather much commonplace, enabling companies to capture foregin markets.

Edited by aaron-xp

ZZzz

company headed by singaporean... will singaporeans kena chop carrot head?

why do americans and foreigners get better pricing than locals, despite the products only made next door in malaysia?

rolleyes.gif

Maybe its made in China? That's where Creative's production costs should be the cheapest I think.

ZZzz

why do americans and foreigners get better pricing than locals, despite the products only made next door in malaysia?

rolleyes.gif

Creative's market is USA and the rest of the world. Singapore is the least of their market. That's reality. Our SG combined annual sales probably won't even make one month of their USA sales.

Let's just be thankful there is a SG company making an impact worldwide, making quality products, albeit not so nicely visually designed as you know what.

The location of manufacture is not relevant here. I buy barcode scanners which are manufactured in SG but I must buy from the dealers who buy from the manufacturer HQ in USA. Which means I actually paid for the shipping of the scanner from SG to USA and back again. Stupid and wasteful but this is the global economy and that's how things will work.

ZZzz

rolleyes.gif

Creative's market is USA and the rest of the world. Singapore is the least of their market. That's reality. Our SG combined annual sales probably won't even make one month of their USA sales.

Let's just be thankful there is a SG company making an impact worldwide, making quality products, albeit not so nicely visually designed as you know what.

The location of manufacture is not relevant here. I buy barcode scanners which are manufactured in SG but I must buy from the dealers who buy from the manufacturer HQ in USA. Which means I actually paid for the shipping of the scanner from SG to USA and back again. Stupid and wasteful but this is the global economy and that's how things will work.

Yeah sometime i notice some at macusersg forums bashing Creative. At least, there IS a Creative that is from tiny SG fighting with the big boys.

MP3 is a huge market now, naturally, earphones are part of it. The RP is $219 but you might be about to get it for less. If you buy from US, there is still shipping to pay for. It should balance out eventualy. If you buy more, you can get it for less. US distributors surely buy more sets than local ones.

Shure sells their earphones at RP too. Dun you find it disgusting behavior too? US retailers had to resort to 'giving discounts under table' 'Call or email to find out'. hammer.gif

Yeah sometime i notice some at macusersg forums bashing Creative. At least, there IS a Creative that is from tiny SG fighting with the big boys.

Totally agree with you. At least we can see a local coy selling MP3 players, PC speakers, webcams, & earphones along side with the major players in the world.

At the end of the day, its the quality of the earphones that should be of higher interest. I also see alot of ppl criticising Creative (esp fr Apple wannabes), but we should be more objective towards the quality, rather than the brand.

yea, without creative, goodies such as the aurvana and ep630 (sharp md33 clone) would probably never be accessible to us. and don't count on apple to come out with them.

yea, without creative, goodies such as the aurvana and ep630 (sharp md33 clone) would probably never be accessible to us. and don't count on apple to come out with them.

I learnt my lesson about Apple two decades ago after I bought the Apple IIe and got left in the lurch when Apple moved on to the Mac and became a close system. With Apple, you have to do it their way or you don't get to play. Simple as that.

Anyway, the problem Creative have, is what Apple and Microsoft are best at - marketing. Quality and user's interests are not important. Just get the money out of the hands of customers. I.e. hype and spin becomes the norm.

While I am not exactly ecstatic about Creative's look and feel, I have not been to disappointed with their audio quality. I just got a Nano Plus and its headphone output is surprisingly adequate.

Sorry for the rant. biggrin.gif