Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

UM1 or ER6i?

well, i have tried both yesterday. and i just bought my pair of UM1s. i feel that they provide better base than the er6i. the er6i seems to be softer, and provides more treble.

the um1s have to be worn from the back, so if you're unfamillar like i was you might have abit of an issue wearing them at first. after using them for a day i'm kinda okay with it.

my friend however prefers the er6i, so at the end of the day all i can say is head down to the shops and demo both of them. see which sound you like, which fits better, more comfort etc... oh don't forget your mp3 player or any other source. yep... have fun and take your time to buy. don't rush. i almost bought an ms2 but i decided to give it some time. smile.gif

the UM1 is suitable for people who like their music loud, more warm, sounds more "friendly", is very sensitive, i like the cord-over-and-behind-ear thing, needs a good eartip for optimal sound quality and comfort (my ear opening is quite small, even the supplied short comply tips are too wide for me, ouch), nice durable-looking braided cords

the er6i is good at low volumes, good clarity, can hear all the bloody details, i don't like the y-cord (too ipod-y but the er6i is modified from the er6 for the ipod in mind~~~), may need to change filters often (depending on luck and usage), cords look too fragile and a tad too long (microphonics madness)

both are easy to drive, (too easy, i might add, i'm using my UM1 at the lowest volume...) the ER6 has a much higher impedence than the ER6i (which just may be the right IEMs for me~~~)

EDIT: Nice timing fallraen, btw the demo er6i at Stereo (which is the only shop i go to) uses a triflange (which is prolly too big for most people) and you'll need to get a nice fit for the bass to "come out". personally, i find the er6i's bass punchy and accurate, not too muddy and overpowered like sony's...

Edited by PurpleLightning

I agree with getting a er-6i but if you have an amp consider the er-6. The only problem i see with the etys are the fit. If you can get the flange to remain striaght and deep into the ear canal when inserting you will experience heaven on earth.

I agree with getting a er-6i but if you have an amp consider the er-6. The only problem i see with the etys are the fit. If you can get the flange to remain striaght and deep into the ear canal when inserting you will experience heaven on earth.

I'm not dissing you but really it depends on individual taste. I've bought and sold 2 pairs of 6i and currently own a 4P. Got all my fit right and even managed to get more bass out of the 6i but they dun really excite and its not heaven on earth. tongue.gif

subzero1234, both are the one of the best in their price range. You've to try them out for yourself. Giving a one liner will not help much. rolleyes.gif

the UM1 is suitable for people who like their music loud, more warm, sounds more "friendly", is very sensitive, i like the cord-over-and-behind-ear thing, needs a good eartip for optimal sound quality and comfort (my ear opening is quite small, even the supplied short comply tips are too wide for me, ouch), nice durable-looking braided cords

the er6i is good at low volumes, good clarity, can hear all the bloody details, i don't like the y-cord (too ipod-y but the er6i is modified from the er6 for the ipod in mind~~~), may need to change filters often (depending on luck and usage), cords look too fragile and a tad too long (microphonics madness)

both are easy to drive, (too easy, i might add, i'm using my UM1 at the lowest volume...) the ER6 has a much higher impedence than the ER6i (which just may be the right IEMs for me~~~)

EDIT: Nice timing fallraen, btw the demo er6i at Stereo (which is the only shop i go to) uses a triflange (which is prolly too big for most people) and you'll need to get a nice fit for the bass to "come out". personally, i find the er6i's bass punchy and accurate, not too muddy and overpowered like sony's...

If you have find the fitting uncomfortable, just tell me, we have different flanges and sleeves of different brands and types for you to choose, you are spoiled for choices....

ah i see, perhaps it is the triflange tips... tho i don't think i'll demo IEMs anymore for the moment unless i'm ready to upgrade to a higher end one such as the dual driver kinds (which won't be anytime soon hehe...) i think i would like to get a MS2 but i'm still considering.... badly.

ah i see, perhaps it is the triflange tips... tho i don't think i'll demo IEMs anymore for the moment unless i'm ready to upgrade to a higher end one such as the dual driver kinds (which won't be anytime soon hehe...) i think i would like to get a MS2 but i'm still considering.... badly.

Nike - Just do it.

This is the right thread for me. I'm also contemplating on either UM1s or the ER6is. Well I'll make my way down stereo this week to have both tested out so i can really decide which to buy. smile.gif

Nike - Just do it.

nice one... i had a good chuckle~~~

btw, how much is the er6 (not "i") selling at?

Edited by PurpleLightning

yup.. amazon ety r cheap.. but if i were u, i'll go iM716 instead... better den er6i and um1.. but nt all soucre can drive it.. even my h10 and iaudio u2 had some hard time b4 i gt gd sound frm it.. the tips too... a amp will help it alot...