Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

UM1 or ER6i?

Between both models, i bought the UM1s in the end due to the better build, more comfortable fit and also the pricing. When worn correctly, these earphones perform very well. I'm now trying them out with the short complys that came with the UM1s and they're really good. Bought the Shure grey flexes as well for variety. Overall both earphones are really great its class and be sure to try them out before you buy. You can test both models at stereo electronics and I'm sure Aron will be glad to assist.

Hi All

New here.

Anyways..just picked up my UM1 and its great....

i fell into the temptation of testing out the UM2 and it really blew my mind out! :party:

But the price is way above my budget....

Nevertheless.. i was contemplating between UM1 and ER6i originally but I wasn't comfortable with ER6i construction and lack of base. Oh yar.. the ER6i was damn uncomfortable in the ear!

Hi guys.. this is my very first thread here. Im starting to get more picky about my earphones nowadays. And i read alot of feedbacks from other forums about Westone Um-1. Is it really good?

Comparing audio technica ck7? What about shure's?

Sorry for being really noob.

Hi guys.. this is my very first thread here. Im starting to get more picky about my earphones nowadays. And i read alot of feedbacks from other forums about Westone Um-1. Is it really good?

Comparing audio technica ck7? What about shure's?

Sorry for being really noob.

Hi. i went to stereo last week, intending to buy a CK7 i also tried the ER6i and it sounded too dead to me. Tried the UM1 and *BAM*, wow i love it...

and this is how i busted my budget~~~

moral of the story, have an idea of what you want to buy, go down to stereo or jaben and ask to try the earphones (bring your own music player), then make a 2nd decision there or you can just go home and think more...

no point rushing, since it's your ears that will enjoy the sound (OR suffer from a hastily and badly made choice):)

hey thanks for the advice. Looks like i've got to test them for myself. Currently using sony's ex-71 neckstrap ones. Not too bad.

hey thanks for the advice. Looks like i've got to test them for myself. Currently using sony's ex-71 neckstrap ones. Not too bad.

dunch be hasty hor

otherwise your wallet pain~~~

lol

Haha... i wont. I got a 200-300 budget this time round. So im ready. Really dont mind paying if the earphones are worth it.

cumin frm EX71, all IEM will cfm be better

Haha... but that time i tried my friends, shure e2c. Yes i agree the noise isolation is much better, however bass wise i feel it lost to sony. But clarity of cause its e2c. I must try the um1 everyone is talking about.

But some simply recommend ck7 and they said it's good enough.

Haha... i wont. I got a 200-300 budget this time round. So im ready. Really dont mind paying if the earphones are worth it.

Haha... but that time i tried my friends, shure e2c. Yes i agree the noise isolation is much better, however bass wise i feel it lost to sony. But clarity of cause its e2c. I must try the um1 everyone is talking about.

Stack 150 more and a UM2 is yours ... :lol:

ic... um1 is nt as heavy as EX71... if u wan heavy bass, sf5eb, sf5pro or um2 will b the one...

ic... um1 is nt as heavy as EX71... if u wan heavy bass, sf5eb, sf5pro or um2 will b the one...

Oh dear oh dear. Okie im really confused right now as a noob. Can someone really kindly enough to make a list like what IEM is good for what, like maybe um1 is the clarity etc...

UE earphones are good?

um1 is good for vocal. CK7, Altec Lansing im616, im716, Ety Er6i and Er4i for analytical, E4 for balance, um2, sf5pro, e5, e2 for bass, sf5eb for ultra heavy bass