Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

UM1 or ER6i?

Heard that the E500 would be good for almost everything though. :P Knowing Shure though, it should be a great IEM for vocals.

triple driver doesnt mean it as gd as everyone expected.. it may b harder to drive and/or reveal those recording fault...

the er6i requires a very good seal to bring out the best of it. i was using the triple flange all along and it sound very boring. i changed to foam and suddenly the er6i has tight and controlled bass with very clear vocals.

the triple flange is not very good as it dosent provide a good seal and hurts the ear canal. plus sometimes it will get stuck in the ear too but nevertheless, i feel its the best for 140 dollars.

um1 is good for vocal. CK7, Altec Lansing im616, im716, Ety Er6i and Er4i for analytical, E4 for balance, um2, sf5pro, e5, e2 for bass, sf5eb for ultra heavy bass

Thanks for the info. At least now im a bit more armed when i head to stereo electronics soon.

thanks aaron xp, i tried my friends shure e2c, cost around 180-190? Didnt like it as it lacked bass. It's clear though.

thats funny.. maybe ur right. Comparing with my EX-71 i felt it has lesser bass. oh man im really confused which iem i should look for.

think i will try out UE sf first, westone um1, er6i.

seems like these earphones are more popular here.

A good seal is required for IEMs to shine.

Well, the E500 has been listened to (though briefly) by members of head-fi, to much accolade.

haa.. um1 and er6i is pop due to their price.. dey r entry model to IEM world. SF is nt pop.. but ppl tok abt it due to it cheaper price relative to it competitors and it juz started selling in SG recently

E2 is the heaviest bass sound single driver IEM...

Do note that E2 uses dynamic driver :)

yup.. i noe tt.. actually i dun really consider it as IEM due to the dynamic driver design...

Edited by theory_87

An IEM doesn't necessarily have to use balanced armature drivers. Futuresonics for one uses dynamic drivers and they're as much an IEM as those using armature drivers.