Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

UM1 or ER6i?

An IEM doesn't necessarily have to use balanced armature drivers. Futuresonics for one uses dynamic drivers and they're as much an IEM as those using armature drivers.

no.. i mean persoanlly for me.. nt tt IEM cant use dynamic driver...

huh? SF is relatively cheaper? LIke how much is the SF5 pro? i thought it ranges around 250-300?

BTW whats the diff between dynamic or armature driver?

OH btw tested the zen nirvana today. I thought it fared better than e2 and e3. Some comments on this?

Well, armature drivers are usually used for hearing aids (and more recently, IEMs).

Dynamic drivers have a long history of being used in earbuds.

Here's a short article from wikipedia

Another short discussion can be found here, in our very own forum!

Armature driver has better highs and weaker bass unlike dynamic driver that is opposite of Armature driver. Wonder why there is no IEM with both dynamic and armature. Lol. But there are those IEMs with dual drivers - one for highs and 1 for lows.

huh? SF is relatively cheaper? LIke how much is the SF5 pro? i thought it ranges around 250-300?

OH btw tested the zen nirvana today. I thought it fared better than e2 and e3. Some comments on this?

will... sf5 pro is dual driver.. it cost $379 at SE.. but um2 cost $499.. so it the cheaper alternative...

Armature driver has better highs and weaker bass unlike dynamic driver that is opposite of Armature driver. Wonder why there is no IEM with both dynamic and armature. Lol. But there are those IEMs with dual drivers - one for highs and 1 for lows.

there is.. haha... SF5eb.. the heaviest bass IEM on the planet... dual driver iem, 1 is for mid and hing, the other for bass

i tot shure e5c is a balanced armature + one small dynamic?

e5 is the same as um2.. both balance armature

e5 is the same as um2.. both balance armature

They also use the same drivers, if I am not wrong.

similar bah... but there slight diff in sound...

will... sf5 pro is dual driver.. it cost $379 at SE.. but um2 cost $499.. so it the cheaper alternative...

but they do sound different?

xllms

xllms

frm words, it seems to be the soundstage diff

xllms

frm words, it seems to be the soundstage diff

more than soundstage is different...SF5pro is definitely cleaner sonically...abit less bass, abit less body and warmth, a bit more clarity, abit less LIVE! feel...personally, more groovy than UM2

i wont hesitate to buy SF5pro if it is build like the UM2

xllms