Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

The Eighties!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone enjoys listening to music from the 80s? I'm listening to Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, Lost in Emotion...... hahaha..... wooot. what music do you like from the eighties?

Depeche Mode! All time favourite.

It's either UK Top of the Pops or American top 40 for people of my generation in the 80's. I love the former and digs anything New Wave. I consider Depeche Mode the king of it all, followed by Talk Talk, Naked Eyes, Eurythmics, OMD, Petshop Boys, Culture Club, Nik Kershaw, Howard Jones, Bananarama, Strawberry Switchblade, Siouxie and the Banshee, New Order, Ultravox, Alphaville, A-ha, Flock of Seagulls etc.....Aside from New wave, sentimental hits (ballads) pervaded the airwaves in US and really good ones too.

Edited by Mackie

Punk too....(I just recalled the common hairstyles then). But mainstream music is still chart hits in UK and US.

It's either UK Top of the Pops or American top 40 for people of my generation in the 80's. I love the former and digs anything New Wave. I consider Depeche Mode the king of it all, followed by Talk Talk, Naked Eyes, Eurythmics, OMD, Petshop Boys, Culture Club, Nik Kershaw, Howard Jones, Bananarama, Strawberry Switchblade, Siouxie and the Banshee, New Order, Ultravox, Alphaville, A-ha, Flock of Seagulls etc.....Aside from New wave, sentimental hits (ballads) pervaded the airwaves in US and really good ones too.

Hey.. i second that about ballads from the 80s... that period had the best love songs even written.. PERIOD!

ahaha yea the eighties rock. i like eighties music too :)

Love 80s music too... especially new wave... :wub:

depeche mode, duran duran, spandau ballet, culture club, frankie goes to hollywood, thompson twins, kajagoogoo/limihl (sp?), china crisis, talking head, the cure, the smiths, new order, etc...

These are the 10 songs that define the 80s for me:

1. Every time you go away - Paul Young

2. Life in a northen town - Dream Academy

3. Some people - Depeche Mode

4. Sail this ship alone - Beautiful South

5. Careless Whisper - George Michael

6. In a big country - Big Country

7. Through the barricade - Spandau Ballet

8. Take On Me - Aha

9. Forever - Alphaville

10. New Moon on Monday - Duran Duran

and lots more .....

Feels like heaven - Fiction Factory

Now that brings back memories.

i lub glam hair band.

motley crue,twisted sisters, poison and kiss.

wooo.

Haha yes, I did listen to Motley Crue and Poison. Love 80s music, be it pop or rock/metal. From the sweet and pretty Kylie Minogue to super Dave and his Megadeth! I like all the songs mentioned here and others. Too many to list. Love the 90s too!

BTW, the new Rockstar Superstar new season features:

Tommy Lee! :lol:

Also Jason Newstead and Gilby Clarke.

Nowadays, Zouk's Mambo Jambo still hot? lol, feel so old liao. Used to party there. :holiday: I even got their red Mambo Jambo CD. Excellent mixes.