Sign in to follow this  
Wortel

Hello from Austrailia

This is my first post here I'd like to say hello to everybofy here at SG headphones.

I'm still in the process of deciding on cans. The cans I do buy will most likely be bought in singapore as you guys get prices that kick the crap out of the prices here.

Im into Alternative Rock and I love female vocals. Piano and Guitar are my fave instruments to listen to.

Any recommendations for cans?? wink.gif

Um well around $300 AUD so $350 SG.. smile.gif

and yes please chuck this in the main forum laugh.gif

Im in Darwin. (i just edited my profile so you can see my location)

Its a bit cold up (or down since you are in singapore) here but we get alot of sun during the year.

Im in Darwin. (i just edited my profile so you can see my location)

Its a bit cold up (or down since you are in singapore) here but we get alot of sun during the year.

Im in perth............ party.gif

Wortel,

g'day mate. I'm currently in Brisbane at the moment. I saw a pair of Sennheiser HD590s going at AU$350 sometime back in JB hifi. Are there JB Hifi stores in darwin? If so check em out, they seem to be clearing sennheiser stocks.

Can't reccomend anything else that's available down under. I reccomend buying used from singapore! smile.gif

This is my first post here I'd like to say hello to everybofy here at SG headphones.

I'm still in the process of deciding on cans. The cans I do buy will most likely be bought in singapore as you guys get prices that kick the crap out of the prices here.

Im into Alternative Rock and I love female vocals. Piano and Guitar are my fave instruments to listen to.

Any recommendations for cans?? wink.gif

My stock recommendation for Rock is the Grado SR-125 and it so happens that I have one on sale in the Classifieds (excludes shipping). Don't let the price fool you at that is way below regular retail (it's my return to distributor price). That is it's below dealer cost.

But don't take my word for it - search head-fi.org and headwize.com for reviews and also the pro reviews on gradolabs.com. It's a no brainer at that price. Check headroom or any other yahoo stores for regular prices. It's an ex-dem but very new as I have been only a short time dealer. There's the box and papers and even the pads have that new smell. LOL

/me is also from Darwin.

You can pick up the PSU tomorrow and see my Gilmore amp and CD3000. smile.gif

Jayel

if you are going to come to singapore solely to buy cans, do consider the math that a $300 pair of cans and a $400 plane return ticket makes a $700 pair of headphones effectively.

Wortel,

alternative rock? so you need that bass slam yeah?

female vocals? sweet and good mids is a must rite?

piano, and guitar .. hm this one I am not too sure.

but I believe dt250-80 or the dt250-250 would be great for you. They are closed cans but sound very nice ( a bit dark though). The bass slam and extension is very good, and does very well in vocals because of the slight bump in the mid region. Infact I think they are a lil similar sounding to hd600 if I can remember. I've tried them for rock, alternative, pop and they do pump out the music without much effort.

Very nice can. Oh and yes incase you're wondering .. they can be had for 300 sin dollars, and should fit nicely in your budget. The 80 ohm is more portable friendly while the 250 is better sounding amplified.

The grado and sony recommendation are excellent too. I suggest if possible you try and audition them all(with sony harder to find in australia).

haha sounds like it is a for sale thread.

i'll pitch in smile.gif i will have a grado sr60, sony 7506 and koss ksc-35 for sale next week laugh.gif

I've decided on the AKG501 after having a quick chat with jarthel.

he is gonna help me make an amp headphone.gif

jarthel is champ. I'll have the cans in 3 weeks or so. cool.gif

hi wortel,

hope you can enjoy your can. AKG is a nice can for vocals and stuffs(milder stuffs). happy.gif