Sign in to follow this  
Comity2006

Grado SR60

Guest joi-ful

Wow. Thanks David, for registering to give us your input.

I like the senn px100 as I think it's more neutral sounding... hmmm. But I think I might wanna give the grado another round of audition before settling on the best open headphone for my zen micro.

Grados & Tinnitus? Interesting! Well I do not really believe this as I never experience tinnitus from any headphones before but people are experiencing it, so Grado owners, be a little careful. I only get tinnitus sometimes after i exited a noisy club. Appreantly, too much of a bright sound isn't too good for longer sessions. I never experience before could be due to I usually take off the headphones after 15 mins if I don't like its treble/sound.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....t=184741&page=3

Be sensible, any headphones are safe to use.

Guest joi-ful

Went down to SE today to try out some cans.

Well, I simply have to eat my words after testing out the grado sr60 today. Yes, they're bright but definitely not harsh. I attribute my first -bad- impressions of the sr60 to the noisy surroundings( I went during the weekends) so I had to up the volume to listen to them. As a result, it sounded very coarse/harsh to me and details were drowned by the high noise levels, hence the bad sound.

After my fling with the sr60 today, smaller, portable headphones like the px100, portapros and AKG K24P simply can't compete with the Grado's. They're in a totally different league to be compared! I would say the sr60s are very detailed with crisp, clear treble. Very forward sounding and fun to listen to. Definitely unbeatable for that price range!

P.S. Another pair of cans which I like is the Goldring DR150; will be starting a new thread for it later.

Edited by joi-ful

grados give me tinnitus.

so needless to say, my grado sr80 are now lying idle

(actually they're hanging from my curtain rail)

grados give me tinnitus.

so needless to say, my grado sr80 are now lying idle

(actually they're hanging from my curtain rail)

Maybe you listen too loud? I don't understand how being bright by itself can cause tinnitus. I have a pair of SR60 which I don't use much but it is more because I find them uncomfortable and hot. Got sweaty ears lah.

i'm quite sure my listening level is perfectly safe.

lol not asking you to understand, just stating my experience.

other cans dont cause me any problems.