Sign in to follow this  
zonalblitz_audio

Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro [Revised Edition]

I bought got my Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro today.

The packaging from the Revised version and the old version is different in its colour on the sides and back. It's GREEN instead of the old white.

The specifications of the earphones remained untouched except for its finishing. It's metallic black/white instead of the usual matt black/white. The cables that comes in the package is CLEAR instead of the coloured ones.

The new package will not come with the Biflanges. The S/M/L single-flange & 1 pair of foam ear tips remains in the package.

The cables have been improved to the 2.0 Lite instead of the usual 1.0 Lite. It's said to improved on the strength problem of the old cables.

The new Metallic Storage Case has its winding system removed. Leather travelling case has been removed from the revised edition.

About the price, it MIGHT cost a little more than the old version. :whistle:

Cheers everyone~!

The packaging : New GREEN instead of usual WHITE on the back and sides.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The earphones : Metallic finishing instead of Matt finishing.

IPB Image

The cables : New improved and clear cables instead of the old coloured and thin.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Storage Case : Without the winding system (New)

IPB Image

Accessories : New package WILL NOT come with Biflange and Leather Carry Case.

(Note : Image shown is the old package, the NEW package will still have these accessories printed on the back but it will not include these items)

IPB Image

The wiring looks really cool. Seems to be able to avoid the problem I faced with the UM1, since the entire wire is plastic coated.

I'm guessing the cable is teflon+kevlar coated? But I have to admit, the new metallic paintjob looks really slick. Now only if they made somewhat more upmarket Universal IEMs.(e500 competitor?)

How's the build quality for the driver unit? I heard that they crack easily. How long is the warranty?

It should be fine, the warrenty is 2 years. If anything occurs, just send it back to where you bought from. They will do everything else for you then.

Man, i'm loving it! The soundstage is so clear and wide like you least expected.

The sound quality is just like described in reviews (almost). You can differ the instruments apart more than easy.

The 'punchy bass kicks' sounds so accurate, almost like you're playing it.

The cymbals can be precisely heard for their sustains etc.

You may be able to differ the high mids, mid treble and high treble in a single cymbal crash. Clarity is good in both its high and low range with its crossovers.

As for the vocals, the singing could be 'felt' than to be heard.

(Of course, there are many more to these..)

Personally, if you enjoy listening to Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, Techno etc where bass is your game, get 5 EB instead.

Fit wise, takes sometime to get used to it. Seriously speaking, i haven't master the right fit of this IEM.

Isolation was not too bad after all. I have also reduced the playing volume to 60% at max, and 20% minimum. The quality went with least distortions even at higher volume.

Overall, i'm satisfied with the product. :cans:

lol...i was in a blue adidas shirt...was checking out the w1000 and inquiring about the ad2000... lol... small world. Hope you enjoy the super.fi. I'm using the e4c.

lol...i was in a blue adidas shirt...was checking out the w1000 and inquiring about the ad2000... lol... small world. Hope you enjoy the super.fi. I'm using the e4c.

How much hung bro selling the w1000 and ad2000? market survey...lol :whistle:

Oh! I think i saw you coming in when i was making the purchase? haha! what a small world.. :dance:

Anyway, i was that chap who asked for Super.Fi 5 Pro at Stereo Electronics. Unfortunately they went out of stock. I can't wait to get my hands on those, and so i flew down to Sim Lim Square on a cab.

Edited by zonalblitz_audio