Sign in to follow this  
zonalblitz_audio

Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro [Revised Edition]

How is this compare to UM2 in term of sound quality....Am deciding between this two....

it is clearer but less authoritative...less live-like...abit more analytical

xllms

Are you describing the super fi or the um2? Thanks :cans:

How is this compare to UM2 in term of sound quality....Am deciding between this two....

it is clearer but less authoritative...less live-like...abit more analytical

xllms

Are you describing the super fi or the um2? Thanks :cans:

I suppose the "This" from ihyr2 and "It" from xllms seems to refer to Super.fi. (seems that way)

Hmmm ... so he means the super fi pro is more neutral sounding? I thought that sounded more like describing UM2, that's why I asked :)

I get your point now.. from his "less authoritative" he used.

personally i will go for tis than UM2

probably that was his conclusion. :))

yup...my description was on the superfi.5pro...it really depends the main usage of the earphones n the music u play...personally if i am spending tat amount n listen to alot of vocals, then i think shure e4c is better bet...

the strength of superfi.5pro lies in its versatility...it can sound gd in most music, but still lacks something somehow...its like a jack-of-all-trades, master of none characteristics...

for general usage on the go, this superfi.5pro indeed sound really gd...but i am not too sure how it performs in terms of comfort and sound isolation, when u r moving all the time...for such considerations, i still like westone best...

xllms

went SLS today

saw UE5 Pro going for $449 and UE 5EB going for $359

is it ex?

stereo selling at 370 or 379.90 (can't rmb exactly) no stock when i went thereon saturday (stupid 12midnight ting)

if u guys gt a chance, try im716 in bass mode and sf5pro with a amp... u'll b surprize tt im716 perform is ard sf5pro standard if nt better

I think it should be better maybe.

The SF 5Pro is built with it being pushed to its maximum potential easily by any portable's output. The iM716, higher Ohmage rating (though still low, caps out at 68Ohms according to tests) and low initial sensitivity, is a different story. Out of an insufficiently powered HPO, it'll be lacking, but when amped and the synergy is correct, it'll really shine.

I think it should be better maybe.

The SF 5Pro is built with it being pushed to its maximum potential easily by any portable's output. The iM716, higher Ohmage rating (though still low, caps out at 68Ohms according to tests) and low initial sensitivity, is a different story. Out of an insufficiently powered HPO, it'll be lacking, but when amped and the synergy is correct, it'll really shine.

yup... tt y i was so disappointed wif sf5pro...

if u guys gt a chance, try im716 in bass mode and sf5pro with a amp... u'll b surprize tt im716 perform is ard sf5pro standard if nt better

would certainly love to test ur im716 w a ER4p...wonder how different they r

xllms

would certainly love to test ur im716 w a ER4p...wonder how different they r

xllms

if u lyk Er4p, juz go for it... im716 still no fight wif Er4p... but against a sf5pro, den u haf to hear to decide...