afbug

The Little Dot Micro+ thread!

Incredible value?

Indeed.....sonically, it sounds like the Xenos REP, and it's available for about $85! If that ain't value, I dunno what is :))

The minuses are it's build quality...thin plastic and nondescript outer shell. The Xenos REP JUST beat it in terms of bass definition and treble extension....but you really, really have to listen for it.

@theory87: how do you know when the amp is fully charged? I thought the red light on the charging plug would turn from red to green like some chargers.....I left it on overnight, and it's still red! :blink:

Nice setup ... Is this your dream set up ?

nt really... haha... maybe a UE 10pro, Triple X or E500 will make it a dream setup... haha

nt really... haha... maybe a UE 10pro, Triple X or E500 will make it a dream setup... haha

OHH ... I want an iAudio X5L 60GB (Rockbox enabled) --> PINT --> UM2 ... this will be absolutely fabulous

Incredible value?

Indeed.....sonically, it sounds like the Xenos REP, and it's available for about $85! If that ain't value, I dunno what is :))

The minuses are it's build quality...thin plastic and nondescript outer shell. The Xenos REP JUST beat it in terms of bass definition and treble extension....but you really, really have to listen for it.

@theory87: how do you know when the amp is fully charged? I thought the red light on the charging plug would turn from red to green like some chargers.....I left it on overnight, and it's still red! :blink:

it will fully charge ard 2h.. but i always charge 3h to be safe... 1st charge i giv it 10h.... crossroad curren batch is being rush over so the casing there is no name or wad so ever.. but future batch shld haf...

how the amp compared to wilson amp??

my LDM+ is burn in for 12h already.

LDM+ bass is nt so tight, mid is nt so skilly and treble is a little harsher as compare to crossroad amp.. think we can only be safe to compare both of dem wen LDM+ is burn in for abt 100h... the LDM+ is improving everytime i hear...

carefull with that sumajin...looks a lil too near to the headphone plug and making the cable kink already...

yup... i noe... i juz adjusted it again last nite... mine is opretty strange... it'll move closer to the jack itself during use...

OHH ... I want an iAudio X5L 60GB (Rockbox enabled) --> PINT --> UM2 ... this will be absolutely fabulous

emm... i'll lyk a ipod 5g (Rockbox enabled) --> line out --> xin micro IV --> E500

I'll be interested to know LDM+, Crossroad and Xenos amps comparison.

everyone is interested... but think for balance performance, Crossroad is the gd value to performance ratio...LDM+ isn't too far back against crossroad too... xenos no chance to test yet so no comment

everyone is interested... but think for balance performance, Crossroad is the gd value to performance ratio...LDM+ isn't too far back against crossroad too... xenos no chance to test yet so no comment

I think zephyron plot the freq response for Iaudio U3. Maybe we can do something similar to the amps.

I think zephyron plot the freq response for Iaudio U3. Maybe we can do something similar to the amps.

well... i dun haf the neccessary kit to do it...

Ya, I really need the comparison in terms of performance & value. Waiting to buy one.

LDM+ is only $55. It is a steal! If the crossroad is anything like the LDM+, it will be worth the money. If you go China, I think the LDM+ is even cheaper! Still buring in my set, still on Chinese power. Batts can last long. You can't really go wrong with a LDM+. But its jacks' built is not really up to par with PA2v2's. Overall built quality still lose out to PA2v2. I also don't like its volume/off switch in one design. I prefer a seperate switch for the on/off of the amp. My set still buring in, so impressions will come later.

My dream set-up is: New iPod-->SM4-->E500. :P

theory_87:

Try not to put the Smartwrap so close to the plug. It will place more strain on your plug and the jack of the LDM+.

Edited by afbug

The iMod 4G HP-Out to amp is still considered better than the iPod 5G Lineout to amp tho, I don't know the specifics.

I did the Freq Response graph for the iAudio U3 using cheap interconnects before, and did it with the PINT before as well.

The iAudio U3 (Signal is almost perfect, little deviation under low impedance, but however the bass is a little thick even without EQ, EQing makes it worse)

IPB Image

Here's the result with the PINT. I thinks its safe to declare it as a balanced amp with little to no coloration of any part of the frequency spectrum, yet tightens everything up quite considerably.

IPB Image

After my PINT's overhaul is completed, I'll be comparing it directly with a Hornet, since the DIYers over at head-fi also think very highly of the PINT :)