fallraen

The Little Dot 2 + Thread!

Where can we get the russian tubes?

I think you can get the russian tubes from martin electronics in burlington square which is just besides well audio lab (#01-43, selling NOS tubes), they do have electro harmonix...

mr yang told me if u want to further improve the sound, switch the power tubes to soviet 4n1n tubes, and it is very expensive.

yo, when u talk abt improve sound, wat do u mean when the LDM+ uses soviet 4n1n tubes?...i would prefer my LDM+ to sound abit lushier instead of the forward sounding characteristic now...does it achieve that?

xllms

Where can we get the russian tubes?

I think you can get the russian tubes from martin electronics in burlington square which is just besides well audio lab (#01-43, selling NOS tubes), they do have electro harmonix...

Wow..if this is true, consider it bought...lol. The amp is already amazing. If it improves anymore, i can consider this to be a giant-killer.

wow Soviet-era tubes? thats amazing..... hey err how come i see blue-glow on the tubes of some pics i saw online. can we achieve this blue-glow tubes? and of course improve the sound?

blue glow is from ld2 tubes which are different from the tubes in ld2+. i believe they have been modified too.

u can get the 4n1n soviet tubes but is very rare. the front tubes are already the best of its class.

of course the best uppgrade for the sound is to improve the source. i bought cd63se TS lim modded just for this purpose and its so much better than my old denon player

Edited by haxyer

man i can't find any tubes online :( i wanna try other tubes lol.... haha but they sounnnnnnnd so good................ already.

wow Soviet-era tubes? thats amazing..... hey err how come i see blue-glow on the tubes of some pics i saw online. can we achieve this blue-glow tubes? and of course improve the sound?

let me tel u

like the ld2 old version

its tube glow blue

bcoz the amp maker has installed 1 Blue LED under the tube

that y he glow in blue colour

Edited by yeah_guyz

using the LD2+ with my CD7300 and AT W1000s.

First thing I noticed was an increase in bass, I could hear more bass but to me it seems slightly flabby, it's brand new so I'll give a proper response once it's properly burn in.

Second thing I noticed was the treble, cymbals are now very prominent but not sharp so it doesn't pierce your ears.

I'm very impressed by it's ability to handle complicated parts. Was listening to Airbag and Paranoid Android from Radiohead - OK Computer and it seperated all the individual instruments/ effects w/o breaking a sweat! Marked improvement over my the HA20 which would KO during those parts. lol.

I wanna try this baby with high impedance headphones >_<

LD2+ gave my...

ATH-CK7: a stronger and tigher bass, details r improved too.

Razer m-100: deeper bass and clarity

MS-2i : yup.. more bass and a improvement in details.

Vinyl on the LD2+ with MS2i is just fantastic. The dynamics and PRAT are just astouding. I urge anyone with a vinyl source to try this.

I went to Martin Electronics and Well Audio Labs today to find out more about the Soviet 4N1N tubes but both shops said no such tube exist?

Yeah... Think might just call them up and ask them. Dun wanna make a special trip down. Was at SLS today so just popped down to ask around.