Sign in to follow this  
gfgfmoses

[HeLP]where can i get a optical to coaxial coverter??

mostly as the title, thx~ :wub: i just need this to connect between the optical out from a cd player or transport to a dac. or maybe any one can recommend me a firm transport? :))

have a nice weekend all of u~~~

Strange...why do u wanna convert an optical output to digital coaxial output when you could simply use the coaxial output of transport to coaxial input of dac?

Keep it simple...optical out to optical in, coaxial out to coaxial in. If you wonder which connection sounds better, the coaxial usually gets the thumbs up.

Edited by Mackie

the cd i would like to try the DAC on only got a optical output......while the DAC only has the coaxial input :(

anyway, any suggestion for the coaxial cable? less than S$200 :))

the cd i would like to try the DAC on only got a optical output......while the DAC only has the coaxial input :(

for coaxial cable you can try LHS.. i asked robert to recomend and got one with belden cable with canare RCA plugs for abt $20 :)) it sound a little much better then optical cable due to less jtters

A well proven in pro and audiophile/videophile candidate for a tightly spec coaxial cable is Belden 1694A. Do note that impedance mismatch causes more loss in digital and video signal than length of cable. Therefore, pro coaxial cables have tighter specs than consumer equivalent. Terminate it with crimped Canare plugs and U have yourself a very decent cable. I use this Belden and a Canare equivalent for all my video connection from dvdp to projector and tv. I also used the Belden for my former MF X-24K DAC. A meter of the 1694A terminated with Canare plugs should cost near $20 or thereabout.

Edited by Mackie

yeah just check the cable i got from LHS is 1694A.. try to go on monday.. recomended by robert.. he said monday he got more helpers on that day unless you want to DIY yrself