Cocobean

Guys, How do u all started in this Audio Obsession??

hi guys!

first post here!

I started with all these earphones buying fancy when i got my ipod .. the stock ones hurts my ears! grr. started with Sony EX series (many of them) but their cables keeps breaking and tearing.. its terrible.. and not to say, turning yellowish and "sticky" after a while. gave up, and jumped on board to the above $100 earphones.

first and still am using Shures E2c. Sadly, after a yr of usage, i think its giving the "cracking" noise when i bend or turn my cables at certain angle. sigh. (goto check out the service ctrs soon)

Does anyone have the problems of long cables for the Shures?? its annoying as its difficult to handle and keep them tidy. i guess i wrap them too tightly around my sumijin's .... oh well. am checking out the UM1 which apparently its so highly recommended around here.

btw, am reporting in just to let everyone know my exsistence (not to be deleted. lol) reading and learning most of the time. ^.^

gd day to all!

i spend one year to two years buying cheap earphone.. cheap means less than 30 dollars.. so start buying px100, followed by ue superfi3.. now eyeing on custom iem.. :)

When I got my iPod, my friend poisoned me with his HD 500 and Grado SR80. The music was so warm with a tight bass on the HD500. I got the senn as he wanted a 555 and the rest is history. Now its time to change the ipod earphones for something better.

HeadFi, SgHeadphones, Ebay..... yup, they have made me poorer.....

I just invested in the MS1 6 weeks ago. Now its fully burned in. More than 100 hours, maybe even 200 hours.

I had been using Sony EX71 and various buds before that. I hate the E2C due to the cable management system. I have bought and sold thus far the following players,

Creative 64MB player back in 2000

iPod 5GB 1st Generation

Went into MD players for awhile

Then back to the iRivers flash based players,

iPod 20GB 4th Generation (Non Photo)

iPod 20GB 4th Generation (Photo)

Now I'm back with a 2nd Gen 8GB Nano.

So I started out here and found out about MS1. I had been hearing about Grados for the past 3 years and when I decided to purchase a headphone they ranked top on my list.

Then this obsession just worsened when I read about ICs and Amps. My wallet's complaining especially since I just ordered a Hornet M. :grin:

It's going to get even worse as I'm starting to think of Beyers and MS Pro.

I started with a set of Sony MDR-E484 (bought from Sim Lim Tower) with a Technics PCDP (bought also fromSim Lim Tower) about 15 years ago ...

Now using an iMod - RSA Tomahawk - UE SF5Pro ...

Started out 1.5 years ago with a pair with Sony MDR-EX71 (yeah, most of us seemed to have owned one at some point or another....) because I wanted some isolation, and I was listening to my music way too loud. -_-

It didn't take too long for the sleeves to deteriorate and lose quite a substantial amount of isolation and for the cable to strip itself bare, so after lots of consideration, I upgraded to a pair of UM2s.

The complys had a really finicky fit to my left ear, so I made a jump to UM56 custom sleeves, which improved the sound a lot (at least to me), but i later still became unsatisfied.

Then, on Monday night, I had just received my ACS t2s, probably ending my IEM journey for a long time to come. I'm still deciding whether to write a full fledged review, as I'm pretty tired these days. But if there is enough demand, I might actually get down to doing it...

Edited by iynaix

hmm.mine was when i bought my e4c..was working during my holidays then ..got around 1k ..so use half to buy it :) ..but now going ns so should be selling it off ..but then lost misplace everything except a pair of foam..btw anyone know where to get ?

my late dad, (he was a DJ before in the early 80s) gave me his Sansui A-80 amplifier with the old 120watts n 32 ohms floorstanders. connected to a National cassette deck.. that was when i was 10 yrs old... frm there i started my voyage.. i replaced the massive retired 32ohm floorstanders with EKO EC-100F i got from Cash Converters (believed to be factory rejected coz they were brand new but price was way below)... its was only this year i went into headphones... b4, i was full time with speakers... :))

my sansui is a black version

post-3628-1184598783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fuzzy Fuzzbucket

Back in 97, Roxy Square was popular for cheap student haircuts; and one fine day, i was walking by Roxy Music on the ground floor - they were using a krell 300 series setup with apogee speakers and i had a moment of revelation. I think my dad had an infinity/atlantic tech/sherwood setup and now, i knew better.

that was long back when my earphone was spoiled,and think of 'why not get a better one?'

so i started to do a research and eventually i got to know brands like shure!!

poison by blues Hahaaa....