Cocobean

Guys, How do u all started in this Audio Obsession??

I started with tapes, and after portable CDP was more popular and cheaper I was given a sony PCDP as birthday gift. That time really couldn't imagine to spend $$ on CDs, they were luxurious to me. But now? Arrr..., just ordered the bel canto dac 3 during the ISSE.

SR60 was my first headphone when I was first introduced into this hobbies from friend 2 years ago. I still remember I was struggled to spend the $120 for a headphone alone! Now I got the GS1K, strange I didn't struggle too much or consider too much to spend the dough! What a difference! Arrr..... many thanks to head-fi, sgHeadphones and this capitalist society.

I can't even remember. So many headphones I've owned over the years.

I guess it started as soon as I got my Samsung Yepp YP-T5 2 years back.

Stock buds replaced by the G74SL, which I sold and got E888's...

Then found Head-Fi.org and boy was it a bad choice to lurk there.

Then I found the PX100's. Soon after that, got the EX51's and the line goes on through portable headphones.

- audio-technica: ATH-CK5W / ATH-C501

- Etymotic Research: ER6i

- JVC/Victor: HP-FX55 / HP-FX77 / HA-L50B

- KOSS: PortaPro2 / UR40

- Panasonic: RP-HJE50 / HG10 / HZ90 (AK)

- Philips: SBC-HP430

- Sennheiser: PX100 / PMX60 / HD212 Pro / HD477

- Sharp: HP-MD33S

- SHURE: E2c / E3c

- Sony: MDR-710SL / D66SL / E808SP / E818LP / E888SP / E931SP / EX51LP / G54LP / G74SL / G42LP / V6 / XD200 / XD400

List of headphones I've been through.

Out of all these, I found the HP460's and the K81DJ's most suitable.

What can I say, I'm a portable guy.

Only 4 more pairs of headphones before I end this hobby:

- Sennheiser HD485

- UE Triple X/Super fi.5 Pro

- Shure E4g

- Stax 007.

Then an iCute and I'm finished. Then comes photography. Hahaha.

Edited by nsjong

Started out with a Sony Discman and some stock buds during Secondary 2 days. Back then my mum didn't allowed me to own a discman or CDs, so i kept them illegally in my school bag. Used them only as i goes to school or travelling to places on my own.

Then comes next year when i sold a third-hand drumset to my friend, got some money. I used portion of them on my HD 500. I can't remember why i bought a headphone, probably because the stock buds sucked and heard the reputation of Sennheisers. That was my first hi-fi headphone. :D

Then I found the PX100's. Soon after that, got the EX51's and the line goes on through portable headphones.

- Sony: MDR-710SL / D66SL / E808SP / E818LP / E888SP / E931SP / EX51LP / G54LP / G74SL / G42LP / V6 / XD200 / XD400

- Sennheiser HD485

- Shure E4g

- Stax 007.

Nah... I doubt anyone can say that you can end a hobby a few months in advance. Something newer or better will spring up, and we'll have a hard time controlling ourselves again... :P

Hmmm, I started last year around April. Got my first iPod photo. It was amazing. Finally, I could have my cd collection on the go. However, things some how sounded a little dead and constrained and I felt that maybe a new earpiece might do the job.

Thus, I went online and saw the Shure E3C on Apple's website. Seeing how cool they looked, I was thinking if they had something more expensive and of higher end to satisfy my hunger...Somehow, I ended up at earphonesolutions.com and bought the E5C's...As I waited for my Shure's to ship, I found headfi and months later, I ended up with the FOTM of that time, the HD650's. A little disappointed because of inadequate amping, I got myself the PA2V2 to check out what those fuss about amps were about...No sooner, I bought a Earmax amp but threw it away because I broke the RCA connectors (the most stupid thing I have ever done).

Then while surfing headfi one day, I found the AD2000's and it was love at first sight. Bought them 2 days later and went for a one to one exchange because of channel imbalance issues.

After settling with my AD2000's I was thinking that my headfi journey has come to an end when I saw the L3000 and SA5000. I bought both of them at the same time and within a few weeks, the K701's came out and I made a preorder.

Somehow, I forgot when but down the road, I managed to pick up the HF-1's as well as the ES-7's. Then something bad happened early this year. My iPod photo 60gb broke and I lost all my songs...Another thing was that all my songs were imported using my friend's computer because my old computer could not even open itunes properly. So I made it a point and got myself a new computer setup as well as a new iPod video 60gb. And I started burning and importing all my tunes into them...

Thinking that my audio journey would soon come to an end, I decided that I should concentrate on buying more CD's...However, I was wrong! The GS-1000's appeared on headfi and wham! I pulled the trigger and made a preorder for them.

From then on, I knew that this journey would never come to an end....Which is precisely what's going on now...I've been eyeing the E500 and W5000 for some time already.... :P

So here are the few cans I'll have to get by hook or by crook before I end this hobby:

AKG-K1000

W5000

E500

HD700(possible?)

PS-1

STAX OMEGA 2

Edited by razer

Hi brothers,

Been a music lover since birth, and started my quest when I got my first Yamaha walkman (still fond memories of it) thro saving allowances for a prolong period in the 80s as a Sec school boy. Then after wearing out countless Sony earphones and various sony walkmans... discmans... mp3 players. At least now that I have worked some years, can look to explore this long canned-up pursuit of my own audio nirvana. I am not an audiophile and do not have a lot of budget for now, but I will listen within my means, best I can.

After settling with my AD2000's I was thinking that my headfi journey has come to an end when I saw the L3000 and SA5000. I bought both of them at the same time and within a few weeks, the K701's came out and I made a preorder.

eh.. WOW!! :DD

- Sennheiser HD485

- Shure E4g

- Stax 007.

Nah... I doubt anyone can say that you can end a hobby a few months in advance. Something newer or better will spring up, and we'll have a hard time controlling ourselves again... :P

Hahaha. I just want to get into Photography before I graduate from high school. :P

Started I remember when I was in like Sec 2 (yr 2001). I craved for better quality music playback and went to buy my first headphone the Sennheiser eH2270. Then I started reading head-fi and they said the beyer dt150-80 was way better. So I sold my eH to a friend and bought the beyer. Not long after I sold again for the DT770.

After that kept buying and went deeper into the hifi hole.. :(

lucky now I am not really obsessed :) .. have been able to stay contented with just what I have .. old sony mdr-e888 modified bud

Edited by Blues

When I got my Sennheiser MX400s to partner my Creative Rhomba (Arh...old old stuff :)) ),

Then I got AT CK-32s

Then I got KOSS PLUGs

Saw HWZ magazine

Next thing I know, I got Westone UM1s to partner my new Muvo :grin:

Now, I feel like getting a portable amp or custom moulds for my UM1s :P

Audiophilia is a real slippery slope :etys:

In 2003, I was playing Counter Strike. I need a headphone that have good stereo imaging, to give me an extra edge. I don't mind paying more money so I search the web for good headphone. After reading several reviews, I decided to get this:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Sennheiser HD600

I believe my first post in SGH starts here:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Edited by jasonhanjk

During my secondary school days i was very inspired and want to imitate Eminem so started dressing hip-hop and thinkin that a pair of headphones matches it. Went to courts and looked at those Sennheisers but didnt buy cos no money haha.

Then 2 years later 2004, got the AT FC-5 from HMV which i thought was the coolest headphones i can buy. Wore it for a few months and saw alot of people having it too. Then saw in HWM about Grado SR60 and search in the net till i stumble into here. Immediately went and bought it once i had worked and earned the dough. Went on to bought Sharp MD33, Sony MDR888. :mellow:

Hmm, I guess it all started when I bought my first pair of Senn MX500 buds when my iBuds broke. I thought they were good and I starting looking for a better pair. Soon, I bought a PMX60(not that great) and then a PX100. I wanted something bigger next so I got a HD212. Then I started getting into IEMs with the ER-6 being my first one. I soon upgraded to the E3C as I found they can be found very cheaply in China. I had a HD600 for a while but I sold it as I didn't use it much. I took the money and bought the amazing E5. When the E500 was released, I knew I wanted to have it...And now I have that. All in all, a very expensive journey...

started by buying a replacement earbud for my Discman, sony NUDE series, no idea which model 51 or 71 i think. I choose that purely due to design, i wanted canal-type as i felt its more comfy. I was a Uni student then, listen to music for hours at a stretch. Spent $86 on it, remember that one of my friends was shocked by the price.

used that for nearly 2 years, in the mean time got a Korean MP3 player 256mb for $369. :o MP3/usb player with FM was really new back then.

when the sony broke :)) decided to get something better to replace, and i still wanted a canel-design. read some mags and web reviews, decide to buy shure E2C, damm....realise these things are not easy to find, bought at SLS. wah spending $170 for a earphone a little bit of heartpain.

after that found out about head-fi and SGH.................................................. :wub: