lengcm

GS1000

Finally couldnt resist and went to visit lengcm. Well the Grado GS1000 is a very nice pair of headphones indeed and if memory serves me right it's better then the RS-1. I would have liked to listen it it longer then the half an hour or so but my damn ears started to....you guessed it - do the high pitch whine. So off it came :-(. I can say I did any critical listening but it was very nice IMHO of course. BTW they are big in a goofy sorta way - thank goodness they are a pair of cans. I wonder what that would do to RS-1 sales though the S$600 difference between the 2 models should help. Still I can help but wonder what John's thinking behind it was. There's not a croweded top end in the Grado line up with the RS-2, RS-1 and GS-1000. For me I would pick...well that's for a different day LOL.

Anyone care to post pictures of the new Grado Box? And where did you get them? Was it at Music By Designs Singapore?

Post picture of the box! LOL. It's a plain cardboard paper box with a foam cutout to keep the cans in place during transportation. Plainer then most to be exact.

Edited by Rameish

Anyone care to post pictures of the new Grado Box? And where did you get them? Was it at Music By Designs Singapore?

Didn't you already buy a GS1000? Or did Todd ship it to you without a box?

Waiting for a review... :DD

Funds are too low to do any hp shopping now, after getting a piano, pocket has become :terrified:

Curious OT: Which piano did you get? I hope it's a nice german piano. The timber/tone of a german piano has always been alot better then a japanses piano IMO of course. The Baby upright Whil. Stienberg i bought for my wife a few years back is a very nice piano. Of the Japanses pianos I prefered Kawai's top offering over yamaha's U series.

do i sense a tweak coming on? hmm..

Curious OT: Which piano did you get? I hope it's a nice german piano. The timber/tone of a german piano has always been alot better then a japanses piano IMO of course. The Baby upright Whil. Stienberg i bought for my wife a few years back is a very nice piano. Of the Japanses pianos I prefered Kawai's top offering over yamaha's U series.

Yes, its a thoroughbred German. A Sauter 130 Competence.

Specs here.

Did you know there is a forum for pianos too?

I never liked the Yamahas, there maybe a few exceptions, but generally the touch/tone on the lower registers just didn't do it for me. Kawai has better touch, but there are questions about the longeivity of the instrument. Then I went to this shop in VCH next to the ticketing stand, and the pianos were very well prepped, and the shop owner, Alvin, is a pianist, teacher and tech all rolled into one. If you ever go shopping for any piano, do pay him a visit.

BTW which Steinberg did you get for your wife?

Edited by cmk

Sorry to OT again but its the IQ16 Amadeus. Sauter pianos are very nice. Who's the pianist in the family?

Sorry to OT again but its the IQ16 Amadeus. Sauter pianos are very nice. Who's the pianist in the family?

My kids have started to learn, and I'm back at it again.

So is the G1000 that great? At Headfi they claimed it was a rediscovery of classical music, or something like that.

Edited by cmk

Didn't you already buy a GS1000? Or did Todd ship it to you without a box?

Mine came with a USPS box with lots of foam. So it didn't come with the original Grado Box....Dying to see how the Grado Box will look like....I guess I was the first here to get them? Its a good and bad thing...Sacrificed the box for early delivery.

My kids have started to learn, and I'm back at it again.

So is the G1000 that great? At Headfi they claimed it was a rediscovery of classical music, or something like that.

No. Many new stuff at headfi always gets that extra HooHa and that FOTM praise or wadeva they call it there. Its not gonna blow you away. If you like the sound, it may just be another nice sounding pair of cans but nothing magical or what...I'am not saying that they don't perform well, in fact, I love them alot but they aren't that *great*...Not worth the one grand USD imo...But nevertheless, I still like them alot... :P

Give them time, they need some more to run in.

I wasn't saying that they don't sound good or are lacking from burn in(I'am skeptical bout it but still played 300hours with them). What I'am saying is that they don't sound close to their $1000 price tag. More like a $600 can. Maybe I was expecting more but nevertheless, its still pure audio bliss for me...