Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

BAcking up audio CDs

Which is the best program to backup audio CDs... i find that i have some original audio CDs that has scratches. CUrrently using EAC to copy writing as slow as possible.. i select 1X but still write around 7X... IS that the best method? ANyone got info to share..

The biggest obstacle to replicating a cd is the copying to hdd. Burning is more or less perfect. 1X might not be the best depending on your media. Somehow I found that Taiyo Yuden media I have burns best at 16X.

EAC should be pretty good for ripping already. its one of the best i've used so far.

from what I know, the settings can affect the ripping by quite alot, especially if the CDs are old can cannot be read properly...do check out both links(mine and top-guns). Mine is a simple simple to follow pictorial guide...

yup.. i had mine configured a while back but the only thing's my lappy's rom drive does not cache the data

I read somewhere to disable the cacheI think...gota check up on this tho...

I just ripped a cd and the speed was rather slow, 1.9X constant throughout...takes like 30+mins to rip ONE cd...

erm nakedtoes, your writing speed is cd writing speed or harddisk writing speed, or reading speed?

i use TDK as the read drive.. i set to max.. while i burn i set to 1X it still write minium 7 to 8 X