Sign in to follow this  
dongZ

Music quality?

hey guys...

wanna ask if the music quality of the imported china cds being sold same as the quality of the cds being sold at hmv which are of higher price tags??? :))

IMO they are a mixed bag. Sometimes the CD quality is not as good, not so even, other times it might sound better than something say, locally pressed. I get them from Chinatown. Cheapest there if i'm not wrong. There also can find a Chinese (guangzhou) singer known as Chen Jie Li, Lily. I recommend that, especially the album "hua yan qiao yu". About $16 though. Used to get all from the chinatown market there, but the hawker centre closed, don't know if the shops are still there or moved temporarily. Anyway walk around, sometimes some shops are priced higher than others but a dollar or so.

I heard that they are relocated to somewhere near the Outram MRT temporarily. Anyone know about it?

Guest joi-ful

China versions are recorded from the same master cd so I think other than some QC issues (usually the packaging) , the music quality should be the same..

I heard that they are relocated to somewhere near the Outram MRT temporarily. Anyone know about it?

Saw a temporary market in the open space where Outram Park estate used to be. Must be the one you are talking about. But I wasn't close enough to see if there are any shops there besides the market.