afbug

Apple Certified Refurbished Products

http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebOb...&nclm=certified

Refurbished 512MB iPod shuffle + Bonus Apple iPod shuffle Armband at $79 shipped is a good deal to me. Can buy a few, one for each day or genre. :P

For iPod video, I'll rather buy 1st hand.

agree. Less risk with shuffle

I actually think that it is a very good chance/offer if you want to try out the Shuffle's simplicity and headphone out.

It is better than buying 2nd hand at forums or auctions as:

1. Its refurbished by apple.

2. Surely an original

3. Carries a 1 year warranty

4. Cheaper and plus free armband

5. Comes with all accessories

6. Free delivery and apple uses their own courier.

7. Sold by apple and not dubious sellers.

8. Risk is much lower as Shuffle is quite robust and cheap.

Downside is:

Its still 2nd hand! And performance might not be as good. eg, some lagging, scratches?

I won't worry about flash lagging too much lah Master Bug ;)

At least its not HDD O_O

Edited by Zephyron

refurbrished shuffle definitely worth a try! ;)

I dunno man. Some guy at mac forums complain that his refurbish Shuffle is lagging a bit. Maybe its the software or electronics inside instead of the flash drive.

well if you buy a refurbed shuffe and experience lagginess, you can always take it back to a service center and have them look at it. make use of the one year warranty heh. i mean, why should it be lagging just because it's a second-hand player? it does not make any sense.

and if you would believe it, should the problem really lie with the player (and not the owner), you might just end up with a brand new shuffle for the price of a refurbed.

Guest joi-ful

I'm thinking of getting a refurbished Apple iPod. Any comments on what to take note and such? What are the problems that I might face should I get one?

I'm thinking of getting a refurbished Apple iPod. Any comments on what to take note and such? What are the problems that I might face should I get one?

which ipod?

Guest joi-ful

The advertised Apple iPod 30g with video capability lo. I wanted the one with only colour screen (save $$) but no stocks liao...

my own personal experience (as i have mentioned on HWZ):

i ordered the refurbed 4G U2 iPod from Apple and they came in the same day. Initially there was disappointment when i received the box from the delivery guy...as the box did looked beat up and old. but i've always had faith in Apple's QC heh.

and they didnt let me down. turns out that only the box was old. cosmetically, the iPod unit is flawless; it was scratch-free and, errr, shiny. same goes for the accessories that it came with. when i tested the batt, it too proved to be new as well, giving me a good 14 hours of continuous play (the official documented battery life is 12 hours continuous play, 128 kpbs AAC). the HDD looks/feels/sounds ok, no strange noises whatsoever. it may die on me next week, who knows? but if that happens, there's always the warranty.

and at $298 and free delivery, my purchase was a real steal, if i may say so.

i placed order for the shuffle too...

I also ordered one to try out this afternoon. I figured that if I can sell the accessories that came with it, the Shuffle will even be cheaper. :P

i placed order for the shuffle too...

I also ordered one to try out this afternoon. I figured that if I can sell the accessories that came with it, the Shuffle will even be cheaper. :P

for more fun, sell the stock earphones too. they can fetch upwards of $20, believe me you. there is alot of demand for these the last time (which wasnt so long ago) i had some to sell.

you guys should have a mini-contest to see who eventually paid the least amt of money for the shuffle unit heh.

for more fun, sell the stock earphones too. they can fetch upwards of $20, believe me you. there is alot of demand for these the last time (which wasnt so long ago) i had some to sell.

you guys should have a mini-contest to see who eventually paid the least amt of money for the shuffle unit heh.

Yeah I know. apple earphones can go for as much as $30. But they're not really bad. It surely worth $20 as its sound is quite close to MX400. (I'm testing both now in fact! Maybe will come up with a mini iBud Vs MX400 review, I just mod some pads just for this!) I also got no use for the armband and USB cap cum lanyard. All for $60! :DD My Shuffle will cost me $19!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Taken some time back for fun! Shure/Westone/UE style!

IPB Image

Edited by afbug